gooner.girl

Football Chat

Isn't it immoral to spend that much on a football team when they're are children dying of hunger in Africa. Plus i bet wycombes team wasn't even worth £20mil.

that's a bit below the belt, Helen... what of £390 million that "Ooops, word censored!"nal just spent on a new stadium..

As for Wycombe's team - they are "worth" nowhere near £20million - they'd be happy if their team fetched anywhere near £2million..

(it just shows how out of touch "Ooops, word censored!"nal fans are - never having visited the lower leagues - they just have no idea.. :wink: )

Phil

Wycombe Wanderers:

Batista, free (on loan from Fulham)

Martin, free

Antwi, free

Williamson, free

O'Halloran, free (on loan from Villa)

Oakes, free

Bloomfield , free

Doherty, free (on loan from QPR)

Betsy, free

Easter, £150,000 max

Mooney . free

subs:

Torres £100,000 max

Dixon free (homegrown through youth team)

Young free

Palmer free

Anya free

so - entire team, including subs, assembled for £250,000 max (not including wages!)

Phil

I was on the chelsea forum last night and most fans would welcome Baros which suprised me :wink:

Baros?? he's a headless chicken..

(see - now we're totally relevant to the forum..)

8)

Phil

that's a bit below the belt, Helen... what of £390 million that "Ooops, word censored!"nal just spent on a new stadium..

As for Wycombe's team - they are "worth" nowhere near £20million - they'd be happy if their team fetched anywhere near £2million..

(it just shows how out of touch "Ooops, word censored!"nal fans are - never having visited the lower leagues - they just have no idea.. )

At least the £390 million has been spent on something thats lasting and there is tons of community stuff held at the emirates, IT courses, disability football, sport for the local primary schools etc etc. That stadium will be around for at least another 50 odd years probably. Much more worth the money then players that will be around for another 3 or 4 years.

I still think all clubs, "Ooops, word censored!"nal included (who do not spend silly money unlike most top 4 clubs) should think more carefully when spending millions. i was just singling out Chelsea as they are particuarly frivolous and wasteful.

And of course i know roughly how much wycombe spend (i followed them carefully when TA was in charge!) £2mil was plucked out of the air as it was 10% of £20 million.

Anyhow "Ooops, word censored!"nal have been a top flight club for ages - i don't remember them when they were in the second division in 1913 but i'm sure Phil does! :lol: Why should i want to follow lower league rubbish when i'm spoilt watching "Ooops, word censored!"nal?

Anyhow "Ooops, word censored!"nal have been a top flight club for ages - i don't remember them when they were in the second division in 1913 but i'm sure Phil does! :lol:

indeed I do... :lol:

Why should i want to follow lower league rubbish when i'm spoilt watching "Ooops, word censored!"nal?

Oh dear... never forget your roots - non-league football is a great tonic. I support a prem club - but I'm under no illusion that this is all there is to football.

non-league football is "proper" football - your players are more likely to be local - and probably also work alongside the fans during the week - you get to stand virtually on the pitch - and they can hear everything you yell - and are not averse to yelling something back...

it doesn't cost you an arm and a leg to get in - and managers also have to put up the nets and wash the balls afterwards...

the crowd isn't full of poncy glory-chasers.. what more could you want??

8)

Phil

Mourinho is currently to be found throwing all the toys out of his pram because the board won't sanction the purchase of all the players on his target list...

:lol:

you couldn't make it up!!!

Phil

(PS - Benitez is doing just the same!)

Phil, i play non-league football and Mike has to watch me play for the glorious Henfield Ladies F.C - is that not local enough for you?

non-league football is "proper" football - your players are more likely to be local - and probably also work alongside the fans during the week - you get to stand virtually on the pitch - and they can hear everything you yell - and are not averse to yelling something back...

I never yell back though... :oops: Honest guv! :oops::wink:

Mourinho is currently to be found throwing all the toys out of his pram because the board won't sanction the purchase of all the players on his target list...

:lol:

Phil

I think there is a lot of boardroom problems going on at chelsea. didnt help when Kenyon joined the club. I think they want mourinho out, Ambramovich wants the chap in charge of the russian national team.

Big mistake IMO if they get rid of JM, I know he's arrogant, outspoken etc..but I love the bloke - he says what he thinks, he doesnt suck up to the press and speaks from a fan's perspective. I think its Ambramovich who wanted the "big name players" - after all its his money. Mourninho said when he 1st joined chelsea he didnt want players who thought they were bigger than the club and I believe if he had his choice he wouldnt buy all the big guns.

I dont think there is anyone better out there to manage chelsea at the moment, we are stuttering slightly compared to the last 2 seasons, but if they wont let JM buy players to get over the injuries - then the performances aint gonna get any better are they? :roll:

Phil

And Wenger just quietly goes along spending virtually nothing on young players noones heard of who turn out to be superstars! :lol::lol::lol:

BTW Phil, "Ooops, word censored!"nal - Bolton home tickets go on sale 17th Jan to red members so i shall know then whether we can get tickets. i will have to get Mike (OH) to get them as he is online at work being a computer geek and i am busy running about in the rain after 7 year olds attempting to play football so bit trickier for me...

Phil, i play non-league football and Mike has to watch me play for the glorious Henfield Ladies F.C - is that not local enough for you?

Is that you - second from the left (as we look at it) on the front row??

2011200616henfieldlfc21611.jpg

Phil

WHERE DID YOU FIND THAT!!!!???? :shock::shock::shock:

And how did you know which one is me?! :?

(yes you're right 2nd left, though its not a good pic :oops: )

It's a knack - I can tell what anyone looks like just from the way they type!!

:wink:

Phil

Oh haha! Seriously!??? I'm intrigued....

no mystery... you say you play for Henfield Ladies FC - I'm interested, so I go and look if they have a website - they don't - but if you type Henfield Ladies FC into Google then you find a recent report about them in the mid-sussex-times:

http://www.midsussextoday.co.uk/ViewArticle2.aspx?SectionID=517&ArticleID=1887247

I wonder which one is Helen, I think to myself..

and then I remember that you have a link to your myspace site in your sig - so I go and have a look there - and lo and behold you have pictures of yourself - so I can make a quick comparison...

it would take you all of 20 seconds to find a photo of me on the web... - tis an amazing thing!!

now we shall both recognise each other if we get round to meeting up before the "Ooops, word censored!"nal game - you'll be wearing that stripey top there - and I'll be the stick-figure with no clothes on... :lol:

Phil (call me Miss Marple!)

Wow Phil, Miss Marple you are! Very immpressive. I need to know how to paste pictures. Where did you get yours from Martin?

I'm sure we'll recognise each other now! But like i said i'm more then happy to bring you a nice red shirt to wear to cover your stick figure up!

Its very tasteful i promise, white sleeves, Emirates accross the front....

Just let me know! :wink:

Looking forward to it... Will be good to have some football banter in person. Martin are you coming or have you given up the idea? Its a sunday 4pm KO.