gooner.girl

Football Chat

It is great fun isn't it!!!! I'd love to see some of the stuff you write for the Bolton fanzine, you do come up with some pretty convincing arguments - keep me on my toes anyway! Which "Ooops, word censored!"nal board do you visit?

Phil said...

I intersperse their comments with my own witty and amusing asides...

Oh really?! You should start doing that on this forum... :wink:

Looking forward to meeting up at "Ooops, word censored!"nal - Bolton and having some live football banter!!!

So what were you doing up at nearly 1 am? Getting some ideas for another sermon? Do you mention football and chickens at all in your services?! I lead occasionally at our church and have quite sucessfully managed to get football in as a topic, just trying to think how bringing along one of the chickens could fit in with a childrens talk....

Am happy to join in with some Villa/Chelsea banter.... You going to set the ball rolling Phil??!!!

Still loving your new avatar!! :lol:

It is great fun isn't it!!!! I'd love to see some of the stuff you write for the Bolton fanzine, you do come up with some pretty convincing arguments - keep me on my toes anyway! Which "Ooops, word censored!"nal board do you visit?

http://"Ooops, word censored!"nal-mania.com/forum/

http://"Ooops, word censored!"nal-land.co.uk/forum/

both quite busy - I steer clear of Rivals Forums - full of illiterate ranting chavs... 8)

Phil

So what were you doing up at nearly 1 am? Getting some ideas for another sermon? Do you mention football and chickens at all in your services?! I lead occasionally at our church and have quite sucessfully managed to get football in as a topic, just trying to think how bringing along one of the chickens could fit in with a childrens talk....

recovering from a double-episode of Desperate Housewives that I watched with the missus... :lol:

I took Spot in for a childrens address once - she was a big hit!! I was illustrating the episode where Jesus stands on a hillside looking down at the city of Jerusalem and says..

"O Jerusalem, Jerusalem - how often would I have gathered you under my wings as a mother hen gathers her chicks. But you would not." (or summat like that!)

go for it!

Phil

Am happy to join in with some Villa/Chelsea banter.... You going to set the ball rolling Phil??!!!

OK here goes...

Love 'em or loathe 'em - Wenger, Allardyce and SirAlex are indisputably good managers...

Wenger - for his talent for spotting young French talent and fashioning a free-flowing style of football - and for the season when they were invincible!

Allardyce - he has done his time through the leagues and on a budget of shoestrings and pickled eggs he has moulded a team that has been in the top eight of the premiership for 3 seasons running - nothing short of miraculous

SirAlex - his record speaks for itself - and it looks like he has now potentially built TWO premiership-winning sides...

it's no coincidence that Wenger, BigSam and SirAlex have been at their respective clubs for a long time - the clubs don't hire and fire managers at a whim - BigSam was the first Football manager to be given a 10 year contract...

Mourinho, on the other hand, has proved nothing - I cannot name 5 indisputably excellent Mourinho signings even given the amount of money he has had to spend - and now he is throwing all his toys out of the pram because he can't spend another 10billion

Martin O'Neill - VASTLY OVER-RATED....

discuss!

:lol:

Phil

OK here goes...

Love 'em or loathe 'em - Wenger, Allardyce and SirAlex are indisputably good managers...

Wenger - for his talent for spotting young French talent and fashioning a free-flowing style of football - and for the season when they were invincible!

Allardyce - he has done his time through the leagues and on a budget of shoestrings and pickled eggs he has moulded a team that has been in the top eight of the premiership for 3 seasons running - nothing short of miraculous

SirAlex - his record speaks for itself - and it looks like he has now potentially built TWO premiership-winning sides...

it's no coincidence that Wenger, BigSam and SirAlex have been at their respective clubs for a long time - the clubs don't hire and fire managers at a whim - BigSam was the first Football manager to be given a 10 year contract...

Mourinho, on the other hand, has proved nothing - I cannot name 5 indisputably excellent Mourinho signings even given the amount of money he has had to spend - and now he is throwing all his toys out of the pram because he can't spend another 10billion

discuss!

Phil

Eh?????!!! :shock::shock::evil:

Of course I totally disagree about that :?

A manager comes in and we win the title after 50 years

He wins in his 1st season

back to back titles

Carling cup

progressed in the champions league

could still win it this year once cech and terry back, now robben is back and livened us up

signed Robben, and Drogba, and Essien - great players!!

I will agree with you on Fergie, Wenger and Allardyce - they are all good managers (im not that narrow minded).

mourinho reminds me very much of fergie (they even get on well) - they are both out-spoken

Wenger - can be a bit blind and annoying, but fair play to him for building a good side and next year they will be challenging for the title.

Allardyce - SHOULD have been the next England manager IMO - better than zzzzzzz steve mclaren.

O neill - I like him, I like a manager who "calls a spade a spade", a honest chap and I think with time and better players he could do well.

discuss!

Phil

Eh?????!!! :shock::shock::evil:

Of course I totally disagree about that :?

A manager comes in and we win the title after 50 years

He wins in his 1st season

back to back titles

Carling cup

progressed in the champions league

could still win it this year once cech and terry back, now robben is back and livened us up

signed Robben, and Drogba, and Essien - great players!!

that's three...

Robben - 12million

Drogba - 24million

Essien - 24million

that's £60 million in three players... that's not management - it's monopoly!!

anyway... two more!! :lol: (though Robben is a sub nowadays... how often does he actually play?)

Mourinho is no more a great manager than Kenny Dalgliesh was when Jack Walker bought the title..

Phil :wink:

Robben was on fire the 1st season he came to england.

He is however, prone to injury and has spent most of this season recovering from injury.

Mourinho will prove all yee doubters wrong im sure :wink:

and I hope for chelsea's (fans and players) and the premier league the man isnt driven out of this country at the end of the season by the constant media pressure and the boardroom.

The league would be dull dull dull without him.

I do not want Didier Deschamps as a manager!....the league does not need another moaning frenchman :lol::wink:

2 more -

Ballack and Shevchenko !!

Yes, I know before anyone says they've been pants thus far....but they are world class players and in his 1st season Drogba under performed and now look at him this season.

form is gained but class is PERMANENT

I have faith in both players :)

so I make that SIX signings Phil :dance:

I'll give you Cech - he's good!

still - I thought - like me - you couldn't think of five!!

Mourinho has spent about £147,000,000 - yes! - 147 million pounds since June 2004 - and you can only think of four great players??

You have passed GO - collect £200 :lol:

Phil

Trouble is, I dont think its just JM thats spending the £££££

(that's why I reckon we have the "rumours/board" problems at chelsea)

Reckon Ambramovich has a lot of influence over signings - Shevchenko being one of them, plus we had that russian player (cant for the life of me remember his name :roll: ), but he went to pompey for a bit.

Trouble is, I dont think its just JM thats spending the £££££

(that's why I reckon we have the "rumours/board" problems at chelsea)

Reckon Ambramovich has a lot of influence over signings - Shevchenko being one of them, plus we had that russian player (cant for the life of me remember his name :roll: ), but he went to pompey for a bit.

indeed - that's probably true!! In which case - Robben and Cech don't count - their deals were agreed by Abramovich before Mourinho was appointed...

so you're down to 2 - Drogba and Essien..

Smertin?? - he's actually a decent defender I think -

as for Boulahrouz??? who in their right mind would shell out £7,000,000 for him??

ahh - yes.. Mourinho!!

8)

Phil

I do not want Didier Deschamps as a manager!....the league does not need another moaning frenchman :lol::wink:

:lol: :lol:

now you;'re talking sense!! GO GIRL!! Helen will be along in a moment to say she didn't see the incident!! :wink:

Phil :lol:

Well Well Well,

I'm going to skip them and defend Martin O'Neill. For one he is 1,000 times better than Big Sam, Martin can spot talent and can get by on a small budget. He can win trophies, lots of them.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Big Sam has never won anything major, he just about s"Ooops, word censored!"es 8th place every year after a few Gary Speed penalties save the game. Bolton are a horrible team, ALWAYS looking for free kicks, penalties what ever. They set out to win set pieces, because that's all they do in training, practise penalties, corners, free kicks. You're one of the best in the league at set pieces but you're not very good after that. If you tried to play football like all of the other mediocre teams, I'm sure you'd be relegated every season, from every division untill you learn.

Back to MON he hasn't had the strongest or most talented squads wherever he's been. If any person could win a Eurpean trophee with any scottish time they must be pretty good. He is a great motivaitor, he likes to get out and get his points known, as for Sam he just sits in the stands chewing gum untill the second half when he sits on the bench chewing gum! :roll:

I don't understand how anyone (especially Bolton Fans) can say Martin O'Neill is overated!

Well Well Well,

I'm going to skip them and defend Martin O'Neill. For one he is 1,000 times better than Big Sam,

I'm not saying O'Neill is a bad manager - I am suggesting that the wave of overblown hype that accompanied his joining Villa was over the top - illustrated by your "1000 times better than Big Sam" nonsense!

Villa are plummeting down the table at an alarming rate. They are currently only 7 points clear of the relegation zone - 26 points from 23 games

nuff said?? :wink:

Phil

But we're only 7or8 points off 7th or 8th I think!

We'll be fine don't worry! We'll sign some good players and probably finish 8th! :)

You're 14 points off Bolton with their 1000times worse manager... :roll:

and why the need to sign all these new players - if M.O.N is the great motivator who can get the best out of meagre resources.... ??

:wink:

Phil