gooner.girl

Football Chat

there's nowt on God's earth more romantic than a night out in Bolton town centre...

:lol:

Phil

Oh Phil, you obviously went to the same charm school as my OH! :D

He took me on several 'romantic' nights out in Bolton :shock:

But his favourite was Th'Owd Vets in Farnworth. And I still married him! :roll::roll::roll::lol:

Eeee I've bin thurr lass!! what a treat! No wonder you married 'im! 'Appen e'll tek yer back one day? :lol:

Phil

I've just looked them up to see if they're still going - they are!! they celebrated their centenary last year!!

From the Bolton Evening News, first published Wednesday 10th May 2006.

AS secretary of the Bolton United Services Veterans Association (Th'owd Vets), I wish to invite all past, present, and hopefully new, members to join me on Sunday, May 14.

We, the Association, are now acknowledged to be the oldest ex-servicemen's association in the country, and we will be celebrating our centenary on May 14.

The celebrations will take the form of a parade, church service, wreath laying, dedication of a centenary stone culminating in a band concert and cabaret at the Halliwell Central Reform Club.

Accompanied by the Bolton Hoover Band, we shall march from the Cotton Tree at 10am for a short wreath laying service at St George's Church, on Bath Street. This will also include the unveiling of a commemorative stone in honour of our centenary.

fancy that!!! The Bolton Hoover band (bagless I hope!!) You wouldn't get a hoover band down sarf!!

Phil

Phil I can remember those free kicks. We were unlucky overall in the tie though, we had a player sent off after a few minutes at our place but we still won 2-0 and hit the crossbar several times. Remember Hitzelspergers Goal? Jlloyd Samuels? Angels?

All our players get good goals and plenty each, you just practise free kicks!

Boooo!

(I may reply later - but unless you can show me a sick-note that says you are off school!! - I shall not correspond with you about football during school hours!!!)

:wink:

Phil (and you can call me Sir!)

i may have a hard time persuading him back up to the emirates for the league game, let alone going all the way up 'norf' on valentines day :cry:

If Mike won't take you to the game - there's some lovely valentine's day gifts here for your Wander-ful man.... (or so it says!!) - there's plenty there to make his day the best ever...

he can wear the slippers as he watched the replay on the telly - or get him the car-mats - particularly romantic!!

(there are gifts for the ladies too, Martin...)

http://www.bwfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,1004~972770,00.html

Phil

Anyone up for a special midweek prediction round?? All four of our teams are playing on Wednesday evening... some tricky ones there!!

Bolton v Charlton,

Chelsea v Blackburn,

Newcastle v Aston Villa,

Carling Cup:

"Ooops, word censored!"nal v Tottingham

(predicting score for this leg - not aggregate. For this game you can predict an outright win for wither side, or a win on penalties - but to get the three points for a penalties win - you must also predict the draw (including extra time) correctly:

if the score was actually 2-2 and "Ooops, word censored!"nal won on penalties then you would get one point for:

1-1 "Ooops, word censored!"nal win on penalties

no points for:

2-2 Spurs win on penalties

and three points for

2-2 "Ooops, word censored!"nal win on penalties..

is that clear?? :lol:

Phil

(I may reply later - but unless you can show me a sick-note that says you are off school!! - I shall not correspond with you about football during school hours!!!)

And is Tuesday YOUR day off Phil?? :roll::wink:

And is Tuesday YOUR day off Phil?? :roll::wink:

every day except Sunday is my day off... dontcha know?? :lol:

Phil

Anyone up for a special midweek prediction round?? All four of our teams are playing on Wednesday evening... some tricky ones there!!

Bolton v Charlton,

Chelsea v Blackburn,

Newcastle v Aston Villa,

Carling Cup:

"Ooops, word censored!"nal v Tottingham

(predicting score for this leg - not aggregate. For this game you can predict an outright win for wither side, or a win on penalties - but to get the three points for a penalties win - you must also predict the draw (including extra time) correctly:

if the score was actually 2-2 and "Ooops, word censored!"nal won on penalties then you would get one point for:

1-1 "Ooops, word censored!"nal win on penalties

no points for:

2-2 Spurs win on penalties

and three points for

2-2 "Ooops, word censored!"nal win on penalties..

is that clear?? :lol:

Phil

ok here are my predictions - :) im up for extending my lead :wink::lol:

Bolton 2 - Charlton 0

Chelsea 2 - Blackburn 0

Newcastle 2 - Aston Villa 2

"Ooops, word censored!"nal 3 - Spuds 1

Sadly Phil, your link to the Bolton website did not work as you have to be registered! (what a shame) Mike WILL be upset that i can't get him Bolton Wanderers slippers!!! :roll::roll::?:?:wink::lol:

So whats your lucky wife to receive from that wonderful site then?! (poor long suffering lady :wink: )

Anyhow my predictions for mid week...

Bolton 2 - 0 Charlton

Chelsea 3 - 0 Blackburn

Newcastle 2 - 2 Villa

"Ooops, word censored!"nal... Urm... This is the tricky one.. Was tempted to predict a 1-1 draw and "Ooops, word censored!"nal to win on penalties but if i understand this right Phil says that you have to get the right result and right winner of penalty shootout to get all 3 points so i am going to play it simple and go for:

"Ooops, word censored!"nal 1 - 0 Spuds

Please God, Please God... I'll be a good girl! :angel: Promise!

:pray::pray::pray::pray:

And it looks like Bolton - "Ooops, word censored!"nal 'the replay' is live on BBC1 on Valentines day evening 8.05KO! Ah! A nice romantic night in!

Also the winner of this tie is live on BBC1 again the following Saturday lunchtime against Blackburn! Yay!

Wonder who it will be...

COME ON YOU GOONERS!

Sorry sir, I finished my I.T work 55 minutes early! Full marks too, I am in the lowest I.T group but only because I chose French and Business as my other options.

i may have a hard time persuading him back up to the emirates for the league game, let alone going all the way up 'norf' on valentines day :cry:

If Mike won't take you to the game - there's some lovely valentine's day gifts here for your Wander-ful man.... (or so it says!!) - there's plenty there to make his day the best ever...

he can wear the slippers as he watched the replay on the telly - or get him the car-mats - particularly romantic!!

(there are gifts for the ladies too, Martin...)

http://www.bwfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,1004~972770,00.html

Phil

:vom:

Bolton 0 - 1 Charlton

Chelsea 3 - 1 Blackburn

Newcastle 0 - 2 Villa

"Ooops, word censored!"nal 3- 1 Spurs

Come on Villa!

Phil what are your predictions?

I'm still thinking about it...

errr.......

Phil

I'm still thinking about it...

errr.......

Phil

It will take him a while Martin, he's an old man you know (their brains aren't so good past a certain age! :wink: )

Plus he always leaves his til last so he can copy our predictions! :lol:

mumble mumble... eh? what? Nurse! Nurse! Quarter past four...

Phil

mumble mumble... eh? what? Nurse! Nurse! Quarter past four...

Phil

You don't half talk rubbish Phil! :wink::lol: Very entertaining but complete twaddle...

(You see Martin its to distract us from the fact that he hasn't made his predictions yet and he's stuck on what to put...) :lol: