quickcluck Posted July 3, 2009 Share Posted July 3, 2009 to gather the eggs and harriet was in there as usual, I think she like an afternoon nap! She has a broody tendancy so moved her off of the eggs and thought OH NO prolapse!!! But then all of a sudden out popped her egg!!! Never actually seen one 'laid' before..... an odd thing to witness, but we feel very blessed! We are hoping harriet isn't feeling to invaded Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ain't Nobody Here Posted July 3, 2009 Share Posted July 3, 2009 Lucky you . I've never witnessed an actual laying . Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chickvic Posted July 3, 2009 Share Posted July 3, 2009 Wow I've never seen that either! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chick wiggle Posted July 3, 2009 Share Posted July 3, 2009 Im too. My daughter saw one of ours lay an egg after she had been booted out the nest box by two of the others and she just laid it in the middle of the garden, and I missed it Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
bigmommasally Posted July 4, 2009 Share Posted July 4, 2009 Wow - you were lucky Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ness3103 Posted July 4, 2009 Share Posted July 4, 2009 i've seen two of mine lay softies in the run which was actually fascinating but never seen them lay a normal egg Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Plum Posted July 4, 2009 Share Posted July 4, 2009 I've seen it a few times as I peep in the nestbox to say goodbye on my way off to work. It amazes me how they stand and crouch with wings slightly out when actually laying. I want to push for them. No privacy in our coop. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
quickcluck Posted July 4, 2009 Author Share Posted July 4, 2009 Ah ha! I thought she was standing because i'd disturbed her! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...