Redwing Posted July 13, 2009 Share Posted July 13, 2009 I recently sold my incubator on ebay and the person sent the Paypal payment as an echeque that was due to clear today The screen on ebay said sold and 'view payment details' it now says 'send payment details' The money is not in my paypal account not even as a pending payment so I can't check the status that way its not gone to my bank account either... I havent received an email telling me the payment status has their payment bounced do you think? Sorry to ask another ebay question, I have tried google searches, ebay help and paypal help none of which gave me the answer Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lewis Posted July 13, 2009 Share Posted July 13, 2009 I've never used an e-cheque but I presume it has bounced. If it were me I'd send a note with the payment details to the buyer saying the money has not cleared as they may not have realised it has bounced. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cinnamon Posted July 13, 2009 Share Posted July 13, 2009 Phoning Paypal is your best bet - the number is on their site Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Redwing Posted July 13, 2009 Author Share Posted July 13, 2009 Phoning Paypal is your best bet - the number is on their site Ok, I have phoned them, got through to an offshore help centre but they were surprisingly good, the lady said the echeque should show even if its not cleared so I can only imagine that the buyer retracted the payment straight away I have sent the buyer an email (thanks Lewis) asking them for their payment status and will send an invoice too. I guess they may have not realised (as I have done in the past) that a card had expired and that an echeque would get produced or that they have simply changed their mind which I have advised them in my email that as long as I know I am ok with Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
WitchHazel Posted July 13, 2009 Share Posted July 13, 2009 It's a shame your first experience of selling on Ebay has been such a hassle. Paypal Echeques are hopeless, not worth the paper they are written on (ha ha ha). They take forever to clear - would recommend that if you sell anything else you state you don't accept Echeques. Hope it gets sorted out soon. Hazel Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cinnamon Posted July 13, 2009 Share Posted July 13, 2009 You now cannot tweak your Paypal setting to NOT accept echeques any more ,as I know from bitter experience this weekend Luckily for me I had a 'cleared funds only' statement in my T&C, so refunded the buyers echeque straight away. I am on holiday when it eventually would have cleared, so said that unless she wanted to wait 3-4 weeks for her item,she would be wise to pay by a different method! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...