Egg Lou Posted July 14, 2009 Share Posted July 14, 2009 My gang are now growing into awkward teenagers and apart from the 2 obvious boys I'm not sure about sex.. Legbar boy- very tame and follows us around inc indoors.. Having a snooze on the sofa Speckled Sussex- sure a boy ( was a pale yellow chick so confused at the time!) Gold Brahma - my favorite..did think a boy but now possibly a girl as pale laced chest?? would really like opinions on this one.. currently named 'Princess Boots or Boots for short! Partridge Silkie - no idea! Larger Black Silkie Need to load more silkie pics later...work calls! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chickvic Posted July 14, 2009 Share Posted July 14, 2009 No idea but they are very sweet - all fluff and feathers Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Griffin Posted July 14, 2009 Share Posted July 14, 2009 I'd say your Brahma is a girl. There are no dark feathers on her neck or shoulders, only lacing. Here's the back of one of mine at six weeks: I'd say the Sussex is a boy, my girls had no comb whatsoever at that age. No idea about the Silkies, mine are eight weeks and I still don't have a clue Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted July 14, 2009 Share Posted July 14, 2009 Definitely looking like a Speckled Sussex now. And a boy I reckon. My SS girl has less comb than that at 14 weeks. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Redwing Posted July 14, 2009 Share Posted July 14, 2009 They are all lovely, that cream legbar is a little darling Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egg Lou Posted July 14, 2009 Author Share Posted July 14, 2009 I'd say your Brahma is a girl. There are no dark feathers on her neck or shoulders, only lacing. Here's the back of one of mine at six weeks: quote] Phew!!! will be delighted if its a 'she' as not only my fav but looks like only 1 or 2 girls in whole brood.. always wanted a Brahma, they are so gorgeous Definitely looking like a Speckled Sussex now. And a boy I reckon. My SS girl has less comb than that at 14 weeks. It is odd how he went from so yellow to this .. and yes agree a boy but not worried as I always thought this one was as very bold from day 1 and splay fights with the legbar..he'll be going back to the breeder although may end up in his freezer With Silkies is there any truth in the 'pom pom head for girl spikey head for boy' way I;ve heard of? Or is it just a case of waiting for crowing or egg Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Griffin Posted July 14, 2009 Share Posted July 14, 2009 Tom said the other day that my Silkie with the bigger pompom was a boy and the one with smaller more threadbare pompom was a girl. I guess we'll find out eventually. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egg Lou Posted July 14, 2009 Author Share Posted July 14, 2009 Tom said the other day that my Silkie with the bigger pompom was a boy and the one with smaller more threadbare pompom was a girl. I guess we'll find out eventually. well it keeps life interesting! let me know if any of yours starts crowing! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
oneyolktoanother Posted July 14, 2009 Share Posted July 14, 2009 Awww they are adorable great pics Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...