Biker Chick

Primrose is going on a trip tomorrow

2009_0804newrun0051.jpg

I have had my doubts about Primrose for a few weeks now. I have asked everyone if they think she is a boy (including Forum Members) and everyone is undecided. She has grown very fast and has quite a bit of headgear, although no spurs or crowing. She/he has been caught several times on top of my other girls :wink: Primrose is not a bully, infact the others sometime have a crafty peck and chase her/him. Anyway, I decided to phone the people I bought her from and they did say that some cockerals DO NOT have spurs or crow :shock: They said to bring her in and they will check Primrose out and let me know. So I am taking her back tomorrow!!!!

Will I be coming home with her or not :?:

If they tell me that she is definatley a girl she will be returning home with me, if she is a male, well I am afraid she will staying there :(

Ps. Sorry if the picture is too large. The last photo I put on was too small and this is only the next size up, but seems huge. edited by Olly - you need the Medium size!

I did do Medium this time: last time I chose small......will I ever get it right :(

Edited by Guest

Oh Well, I have just come back from the breeders minus Primrose :(

They took one look at him and said "thats a boy".

I did make them promise me that he wouldnt end up on someones dinner plate :?

Feel a bit sad tho, as he was lovely. He is probably feeling a bit confused, having been called Primrose for the last two months :oops:

Still, to cheer myself up I am off to Hen House Poultry next week to see if i can get myself some new "girlies".

I did do Medium this time: last time I chose small......will I ever get it right :(

i had the same problem with photobucket! i found that if you select medium, then click apply and then save a copy that this works. when uploading the image use the one nearest the start of your album (on the left) as this is the copy. i found if you replace the original sizing doesn't always work until you try and re-size the picture again then it only gives you the small and tiny options.

hope this helps it worked for me!

When i found out one of my girls was a boy, i found out through alot of crowing. I took her to a local park and swapped him for a beautiful hen. I knew that he was going to be well looked after and a i knew that the new hen would be better in the long run.

Hope that your okay and know that Primrose will be absolutely fine :D

Enjoy your new girlies :wink:

xx !eggcream! xx