Sheilaz

At last, we've found the......

Cutlery! Last summer I posted that we had searched our house for our full canteen of cutlery, intending to use it for a family party, but had found it. It has been lost for 2 years, and we'd run out of ideas. "I might have just wrapped it in a plastic bag" was LSH's last remark. :roll::wink:

Well, having made a space in our house by sending some Christmas cards (not all of them :oops: ) I found it, lurking in a cupboard, untouched for 2 years.

In a shoebox. :shock:

Now, why didn't I look for a shoe box?

Hurray, we have cutlery to use....in 15 hours time....off to prepare turkey & all...byeeee!!!!

Happy Christmas everyone, & thanks or those ideas in the summer of just what OH might have done with a set of cutlery! :roll::lol:

Well done Sheila!

We made the mistake of buying 'everyday' cutlery that was the same pattern as our 'good' cutlery - the difference being the good cutlery was a wedding present and is silver, while the everyday stuff is stainless steel.

Of course, we are using the good stuff tomorrow - I just need to make sure none of it gets mixed with the usual stuff!

Have a good one!

Sheila, you make me laugh! I hope you are saving all your stories to write a book - it would be so funny. :D

Will you all remember how to use cutlery? I'm wondering how you managed all those meals with no cutlery! :lol::lol:

Will you all remember how to use cutlery? I'm wondering how you managed all those meals with no cutlery! :lol::lol:

:lol: No, don't wory, standards haven't slipped here! :wink: This was the cutlery for "best", the family just use the cheaper set and oddments that are in the drawer, we put the others aside so we (theoretically) always have enough for special occasions. :lol: But, for my parents' Diamond wedding last July, I had to borrow my sister's!

Yes, Linda, perhaps I shopuld post here where we choose as the safe place, then you can all remind me! :lol: