Fizzle Knit Posted October 25, 2009 Author Share Posted October 25, 2009 Many thanks for all your replies We're at an early stage of deciding so not ready to share the idea with friends and family yet, so Omlet makes a great sounding board. DH and I both travelled a fair bit before children and he has always had an affinity with France. We considered doinhg VSO a few years ago, and I've always wanted to spend at least a period of my life experiencing actually living abroad, so this ticks a number of boxes. DH used to be near fluent in French, and I'm sure would pick it up. I, ahem, "get by" on holidays, so have a lot of learning to do! Thanks Rhapsody for your view point too - I agree I could never contemplate moving abroad permanently, so this is a nice compromise! Will keep toutes mes amies d'Omlet informed of progress! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
sadietoo Posted October 25, 2009 Share Posted October 25, 2009 Oui y allez!!...on doit profiter pleinement de ses chances!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
BeckyBoo Posted October 26, 2009 Share Posted October 26, 2009 Better to regret the things you've done, than the things you haven't. BeckyBoo Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
dippy bird Posted October 26, 2009 Share Posted October 26, 2009 Go for it!! Apparently they have international schools over there which are superb.If I had the opportunity I would be off like a shot with a coop of chickens under each arm and 9 extra passports(just in case ) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
henriette Posted October 27, 2009 Share Posted October 27, 2009 Better to regret the things you've done, than the things you haven't. BeckyBoo Best quote I've read in a long while Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Happy chickens! Posted October 27, 2009 Share Posted October 27, 2009 I am very envious and hope everything goes well for you. I am sounding a note of caution having lived in France; the education system is very different and everything I've read when I've looked into moving abroad suggests that it is hardest for older children - don't let it stop you, but just be aware of potential difficulties on your return and be ready to provide support if necessary. Only you know your family and how adaptable they are (and I love Becky Boo's comment). Bonne chance! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...