Little Clucker Posted October 26, 2009 Share Posted October 26, 2009 Hiya all you Omleteers, I thought I'd mine your collective knowledge as I'm building a large WIR next week which was originally going to be for my two rabbits, Daisy and Dillan and then thought as Ethel my mockrel wants his own pad now the new ladies have arrived (he's a bit jealous of their as he's only got an old rabbit hutch ) and was wondering if he could go in with the bunnies and share all the toys and logs? When I first got him they took turns in who got the little run and always seemed friendly with lots of sniffing and nose/beak touching. Just wondering if anyone else has done this? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Patricia W Posted October 26, 2009 Share Posted October 26, 2009 I think someone here said not to mix them. Certainly, my Phillip would make mince meat of any furry thing. Tricia PS Although he's flummoxed by squirrels! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Little Clucker Posted October 27, 2009 Author Share Posted October 27, 2009 Hmm thanks for that I'll have to have a ponder... they seem ok when they're either side of the wire so I may just have to partition off a section of run so then can be out but not together! At least the cockrel is a big soppy thing who has been seen to sunbathe with my cat I'll let you know if there is any carnage lol Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chelsea Posted October 28, 2009 Share Posted October 28, 2009 I wouldn't recommend to mix to be honest. My lot even pecked the mother in law's Jack Russell Terrier when it was here so a rabbit wouldn't stand a chance - I think the chickens would become territorial and gang up on the poor thing. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Little Clucker Posted October 28, 2009 Author Share Posted October 28, 2009 It would only be the cockerel going in so the ladies can come out to free range. unfortunately Ethel the cockerel seems to have caught something from the new girls and the vet says only a 40% he'll make it Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Little Clucker Posted November 2, 2009 Author Share Posted November 2, 2009 thankfully Eth has pulled through his infection and is up and about and is now mixing with Dora rabbit with no tantrums from either side Once I get some piccies I'll post them, when I left at lunch they were both cuddled up and dozing in the sun Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...