Laura007

feather pulling

nuggett has started feather pulling again, we went to get some anti peck rings from the domestic fowl trust and by the time we got home she had pulled out lots of feathers off noodle's chest. poor noodle isnt the biggest chicken in the world, but is a top layer, and she looks like she has been through the wars. the rings are on so hopefully it will stop nuggett pulling any more out.

Hi Laura

I had a major problem with Babs pulling Lavernes feathers out! i used a bumber bit, which I can see you have posted about. I have to say, after the initial trauma (for me) putting the thing on, it has worked! :D

She had it on for about 3-4 months, then it fell off (I thought she had swallowed it :roll:) The problem has been solved though, no more pulling of feathers - YAY!!!

Good luck with Nuggett!

both nuggett and henno have had to have the rings on in the past, and it is awful trying to put them on. we thought that the bumper bit would do the job, but nuggetts beak is not very big at all, so we got some rings instead. hopefully it will stop her again.

honestly, the things they put us through!

Ruby was a hardened feather puller even with bumper bits on. We tried Ukadex spray from

http://www.pandtpoultry.co.uk/index.php/fuseaction/shop.product/categoryid/18/productid/871

They mean what they say it really does stink vile and so will everything you are wearing when you use it. We even left the Eglu door open at night because we were concerned about fumes in there. But it really does work. It stopped Ruby pulling her own feathers and Dotty's