Reikiranf

A close call!

At 5.35 this morning DS knocked on the bedroom door to say that something was up with the chickens, we went downstairs & just as I opened the back door I heard something go over the fence but didn't see what as my eyes were fixed on the Eglu.

Thankfully the girls were fine all be it a bit scared and upset and I can only assume it was a fox, as whatever went over the fence made more noise than a cat so I'm assuming it was a bit bigger and heavier. And when I went to let them out of the Eglu this morning the Glug was on the floor, I'm so lucky that they seem to have known they were in danger and stayed in the Eglu & not flapped around in a panic.

I feel terrible as I hadn't shut them in for the night, I was waiting for the rain to ease off and totally forgot :oops: Usually I get in bed and remember and get up and go & shut them in but for some reason I didn't last night :?

From reading this forum the foxes seem to be very active at the moment so please be extra vigilant.

We have recently been issued wheelie bins and I think that the foxes around here are starving now that they can't rip the black bags open.

I am paranoid about foxes so never leave my girls in the garden alone but I have in the past left the Eglu door open by mistake.

Not such a problem now that they are in the walk in run but I still prefer to close it :D