prof

yippee! my cube is here and i love it! tips please

i am so happy :D my (cube purple) arrived this afternoon, and was assembled in the snow :? the girls were free ranging as usual and were very interested in the nuts and bolts and cable ties :roll:

i put their dust bath under the cube and they made themselves at home instantly :D i cant wait for them to discover the ladder :lol: esp the orps :lol::lol::lol:

all 4 chucks are sleeping in the (pink eglu) tonight as i didnt get time to put sawdust & straw in it coz of all the snow :shock:

any tips on adding perches etc gratefully received :D

Oh yeah, how exiting :dance::dance: and of course purple is THE best possible colour :lol:

sounds like your girls are already showing an interest :D I put a log at the bottom of the steps to help them onto the ladder, its quite a biggish hop onto the first rung, especially for the orpy ladies :lol:

The first couple of nights i had to actually put them into the cube but they soon got the idea :D

I also had some pieces of wood going across the run on two different levels for perches. The girls were always up there :lol:

Looking forward to your pictures :D

Congratulations on your cube. :dance:

any tips on adding perches etc gratefully received :D

I've used an Ikea step stool, broom handle

runaboutturn004.jpg

piece of wood across the run and made them a mezannine :D

mezzanineforchooks047.jpg

Also a log propped up on a tree root. Think they have enough for now :lol:

Another idea is upturned flower pots :D