franklyrabbit

Wireless Security Camera

Hello friends! For some time now we have talked about how interesting it would be to observe the buns at night when they are in their eglu/run and have toyed with the idea of getting a camera to do the job.

And now that I have been freaked out by the fox hole in the lawn this morning, I'm even more keen to set something up in the garden, even if it is just to get an idea of when Mr. Fox pays his visits!

We've noticed on the internet that there are loads of cameras on the market and wondered whether any of you Omleteers have one and can steer us in the right direction. I guess we're looking at paying a maximum of £250 but would want it to be wireless, infrared and be able to link to our computers (Macs) and ideally iphones. We've seen one that does the job and love the idea of being able to link in and see what the bunnies are doing while we're on holiday. Mostly though, we'd like to be able to keep a closer eye on the free-roaming bunnies when we're not in the garden. We work from home but can't always know exactly what they're doing and exactly where they are, although they have their favourite spots.

What do you have hooked up :?:

I'm no expert but our little camera was nowhere near that budget. OH got ours from Maplin and it was an infra red one (so we could watch them at night too) we kept inside the cube, you could also attach/buy additional cameras to feed off the main one.

Can't remember the price but it was under £100.