CannyCat

Guess who's getting a new chicken tomorrow?

Well, we introduces Starlet right away to our two when we got her. That was a mistake and she spend a lot of time cowering in the wooden house we had at that time. Anyway after a few days they settle down and will finally except the new girl. Introduce her by putting her in the eglu at night and then separating them in the morning.

Hope everything goes well.

I'd watch that Clare too! She was going to batter me last time spoke to her! :wink:

I'm so jealous! I'd love a brown hen!

Well, we introduced Starlet right away to our two when we got her. That was a mistake and she spent a lot of time cowering in the wooden house we had at that time. Anyway after a few days they settle down and will finally except the new girl. Introduce her by putting her in the eglu at night and then separating them in the morning.

Hope everything goes well.

Oh dear! I'm glad they worked it out though :)

Bridget has spent the past two nights in a box in the lounge, but we plan to let her sleep in the eglu tomorrow night.

The Ladies haven't done too much pecking, they just BOK BOK BOKAW!'d at her for the first day, and have spent yesterday and today avoiding her. It's like watching kids in the playground - they bunch together and ignore Bridget, and every now and again when she gets too close they run over and peck her! :roll: She's so quiet and sweet natured, I wonder if we should have got a fourth chicken so they could pal together during the transitional period, too.

Tomorrow my OH is back at work though, and so they will spend all day in the (segregated) run together, which I'm sure will be good for them. Then tomorrow as I said, they will be sleeping together 8)