kerryegg

Poorly Pepperpot.

3 days on and Pepper is still under the weather.Arrived pol from Omlet February 2008, laid daily until about November and now lays about every other day.Has never moulted. Lives with Ginger who is fine. She is walking slowly, drinking and eating a little, poo o.k and laid on Tuesday. Is wormed, has layers, poultry spice and veg plus some treats. enjoyed a bit of rinsed tuna today but ignored a garden worm. Lives in eglu in WIR. Very muddy at present but they have a small covered area.They ate all the grass. (green eglu)GNRPP

A rat has been seen in the run. I take the food in at night but knee deep in sparrows pinching the layers pellets during the day. I have ordered some nettex high powered supplement. meanwhile any ideas please.

Thank-you.

No I always use Flubenvet.

Just hoping and waiting. She has never been friendly and has gone mad the few times I have managed to pick her up. The other tolerates a cuddle. However they take food by hand so I can keep a close eye on them. She looks puffed up but is'nt coughing or anything and yesterday groomed herself as usual but didn't dust bath.

Saturday and Pepper still unwell. A bit unsteady on her feet but comb and eyes bright. Ate some tuna and a bit of mixed in layers with some oil. Just sitting tail down and occasionally seems to be staining. No obvious unusual poo in eglu last night or since she has been out. I am assuming egg problem and will try a warm bathe later if she hasn't improved. I am very apprehensive as unlike the GNR she won't be picked up. I will wait until dusk in the hope she will be tired.She makes her usual soft purr when I go to the run. Any other ideas.

I reckon she will be 3 in August and has been laying 4 to 5 eggs a week. last one either Monday or Tuesday. All perfect. Thanks for any advice.

Thanks for your reply. tried a 30 minutes warm bath yesterday afternoon. Vent area looks distended but no result. She went back in the eglu last night, came out very slowly this morning. has had a drink, some layers and a fairly normal looking poo. Comb and eyes bright but walking like a duck and sitting hunched up. Just a case of wait and see I think.