veggiemad Posted May 6, 2010 Share Posted May 6, 2010 Anyone else planning to rescue on this day?? I'm hoping to get 4 more- to add to my existing 3- cant wait, mine are very poor layers and am also excited about the whole nuturing prospect again - rags to riches!!!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Jennifer Jane Posted May 6, 2010 Share Posted May 6, 2010 We're planning on going to the following weekend's rescue and getting three more - I can't wait. Though I'm not looking forward to the settling in period, I do think that watching the girls bloom is one of my most rewarding experiences (I don't get out much!) You must have gone to the same rescue as us last year. Unfortunately we lost Mabel recently but the other two are going strong and laying well. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
sage Posted May 6, 2010 Share Posted May 6, 2010 Hi I'm getting 6 ex bats on the 22nd May from hen rehomers.I'm excited & nervous as I’ve never had chicken before. Waiting for them is a 6*9 run with a nice green cube to sleep in. Sage Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Blue-DiamondChick07 Posted May 6, 2010 Share Posted May 6, 2010 I get mine 29th May very exciting, not long now Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chickyhazel Posted May 6, 2010 Share Posted May 6, 2010 New chickens are always lovely. We don't get ex-batts as we have chickens for the (well, did. Now we have them for the eggs and the hentertainment!) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...