rachael_farnsworth Posted May 10, 2010 Share Posted May 10, 2010 Or rather, three eggs... Went up to my mum's this weekend so on Saturday morning left 3 eggs from the girls on my next door neighbour's doorstep (in no small part because they had been noisy noisy girls on Friday morning and woke my poor husband up) - worried all weekend because of what racket they might be making at home and what my poor neighbours were putting up with. Got home Sunday PM and went to tend to Artemis and Athene and P popped her head over the fence and waxed lyrical about how wonderful the eggs were and how kind it was and how happy it had made her because she'd been feeling so depressed lately (her mum who lived across the road from our terrace died last year aged 91 - P is in her seventies herself) and some eggs really cheered her up. I braced myself and asked her how noisy they'd been and she gaily declared she hadn't heard a peep out of them, and the only thing made her sad was she couldn't see them from her window! I can't tell you how relieved I was. I am a big softie but I felt a bit teary realising how much of an impact such a small deed would have on someone. I will be providing her with eggs whenever I can! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
the-real-tinkerbell Posted May 10, 2010 Share Posted May 10, 2010 aww thats really nice its nice to know you can touch someone with such a small gesture ,it makes me feel all gooey inside Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ain't Nobody Here Posted May 10, 2010 Share Posted May 10, 2010 That's lovely . You've obviously made her day too . Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Seagazer Posted May 11, 2010 Share Posted May 11, 2010 Thats nice, its amazing how little acts of kindness can make such a difference to peoples lives. Perhaps she would be willing to look after them for you if you needed help. It might help with how she's feeling. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted May 12, 2010 Share Posted May 12, 2010 Lovely......and a relief for you too, now that you know that they aren't as noisy as you thought. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Reikiranf Posted May 12, 2010 Share Posted May 12, 2010 That's really lovely to hear, now imagine if you invited her round for a cuppa & some lemon drizzle cake! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...