MummyHen Posted May 11, 2010 Share Posted May 11, 2010 Three of my girls have been laying well, three eggs each day, over the last few weeks - after a few softies they seem to have got into the swing of things and I've got the food balance right. How many double yolks do you get per week from each hen? I've had three double yolks from my top hen - Dorrit in the last 7 days Rachel Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ain't Nobody Here Posted May 11, 2010 Share Posted May 11, 2010 I've only had 3 double yolkers in 3 years . It could be a blip while she gets into the swing of laying so enjoy them while they last . Or maybe she'll carry on . Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Seagazer Posted May 12, 2010 Share Posted May 12, 2010 ES was surprised to find a double yolker when he cracked open the egg for brunch today. I think it was the first one he'd seen. He took a photo of it to show to his friends I've had about five double yolkers I suppose over the last 2 years. It wouldn't surprise me if this is from one of the new girls as most of the ones I had before were when the other girls were younger. p.s. I will admit that I took a photo of it too (its still exciting ) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
the-real-tinkerbell Posted May 12, 2010 Share Posted May 12, 2010 i got this in the first week from my bluebelle since then ive had a couple ,ive been told tho that you only tend to get them when the girls first start laying .i love getting them when we collect eggs we try to guess if we have a double tinks Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
BarbaraJ Posted May 12, 2010 Share Posted May 12, 2010 Yes only got double yolkers in the beginning I have a very strange egg at the moment thought nearly 100g so must be a double and its double pointed so has no flatter end looks very odd Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chuckyegg Posted May 15, 2010 Share Posted May 15, 2010 Hey! We got a triple yolk egg today - how fab is that? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
MummyHen Posted May 15, 2010 Author Share Posted May 15, 2010 wow a triple I've not had one of those - actually I've not had a doubles since Tuesday. Perhaps thats it for these three as they seem to have got the hang of laying now. I'll just have to wait for my three younger ladies to start - two of them crouched for me today so it shouldn't be too long. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
the-real-tinkerbell Posted May 15, 2010 Share Posted May 15, 2010 you may still get a few more my bluebelle lays singles for a while then has a day off then i get a double ,i have a very strange one today it looks like a torpedo lol im pretty sure it will be a double but i guess i will find out when i make a fry up in the morning Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chucky Mama Posted May 15, 2010 Share Posted May 15, 2010 Lovely photo TR Tinkerbelle Ours laid doubles in the early days and we had one triple (wish I had taken a photo) but alas no more Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Seagazer Posted May 16, 2010 Share Posted May 16, 2010 I gave my mum some eggs and she had a double yolker in there and when I made some brownies on Friday I had another one. I've got a new Bluebelle too, I wonder if they are hers? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
katie-may Posted May 18, 2010 Share Posted May 18, 2010 A tripple...thats shocking! I've never had double yolks and I've had my 4 chickies from 12 weeks and for a year and a half now! but we do give alot away as have 4 a day even in the winter and my family have tend to go off the idea of eggs...I don't think they realised where they actually came from before the chickies arrived! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...