C&T Posted May 11, 2010 Share Posted May 11, 2010 5am this morning to be precise! Heard a noise outside, and I though someone was trying to get into our or next doors shed. Thought I should take a peek in case was burglars - and there was a flippin fox in the garden, and the noise was his paws on the corrugated plastic sheeting on the run. GRRRRRRRRR The chooks were up and in the run, and seemed completely unphased by this fox jumping on top of their run. They were quite quiet, and pecking at the ground. Stupid things! Thought at least they would have raised an alarm! Looks like my request to be quiet in the morning has been taken a little too far... So some changes I think are required. Fox Watch to be ordered, and NO unsupervised free ranging (we would leave them out if we were in the house - but no more), and they will be fully locked up at night. Glad we got a run extension recently - gives them some more space. I will just have to spend more time in the garden and less time on house work!! Every cloud I suppose.... (In a past life, before Chooks, I would have marveled at the fox's condition. He was a beautiful animal, excellant condition... But now I will be doing all I can to defeat is ambition to eat my chooks!!) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
poachedegg Posted May 11, 2010 Share Posted May 11, 2010 Oh dear! However at least you know before they did any damage. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Alis girls Posted May 11, 2010 Share Posted May 11, 2010 OH heard a noise last night he thought was a fox and proceeded to do an impression of it (sounded more like a tom cat on heat) told him to you tube fox nosies as it is distinct( being a country girl) he couldnt decide if it was. Girls were in Eglu asleep. I am now paranoid - we have never had a fox round here before. Like everyone else I am FR with girls and the rest they will have to put up with run Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Seagazer Posted May 11, 2010 Share Posted May 11, 2010 Ooh scary. I'm glad the girls are all ok and not too fazed by the fox. We have quite a few around here so mine don't come out anymore. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...