Cinnamon

Bees in strange places...

For the past 2 years we have had Bees nesting in an old disused bird house on our patio.

Generally (I am not a Bee expert!) they are the usual type with quite distinct stripes,but this years inhabitants seem to be dark brown & very fuzzy. They buzz constantly,they are totally unbothered by our presence on the patio & its lovely to see them busying away :P

I just saw one fly back to the birdhouse with so much pollen on its legs that it had trouble flying straight :lol:

Has anyone else got bees where they don't expect them? :wink::lol:

I was sat with my Dad in his garden yesterday. Next to us was an old door - he had it on a workmate using it as a workbench to do stuff for his model railway. As we were discussing his railway bridges, a bee flew up and crawled into a small hole in the side of the door! Looks like his workbench may contain a bees nest! :lol:

Not exactly a strange place this, but on Sunday we had our allotment spring fair and I borrowed the virtual hive from our BKA. It's basically a box with frames that have photographs of bees on comb on each side to give an idea of what it looks like inside a hive, but without the live occupants.

The first time we opened it to show to some visitors one of our allotment honeybees buzzed up and started investigating it.

We put the lid on for a while just to make sure a swarm wouldn't arrive and set up home. I hope it wasn't really thinking of moving in. If so it will be sadly disappointed that its potential des res has now disappeared. :lol: