victoriabunny

Can rabbits live with chickens?

Hello,

We currently have chickens in a cube in a WIR and they are let out all day to our fenced off (bar fencing and welded mesh) orchard (which isn't as grand as it sounds) I have recently acquired a Rablu (courtesy of Egluntyne) and am going to convert our eglu which will be in the orchard. So we are hoping to get a rabbit at some point probably one of the larger breeds, my question is will we be able to let the rabbit and the chicken both out in the orchard to free range together - obviously the first time I will be there armed with water pistol...

Any advice on breeds would be good too.

Thanks

We have always had chickens and bunnies in the same part of the garden........Until I got Bill my male rabbit. :!:

He has formed a bond with my dog and every time one of the chickens even looks at the dog he attacks them :wall:

I had to take one of my girls to the vets to have 26 staples put into her chest after the rabbit attacked her :vom: Admittedly she was a vet thread-bare ex-bat at the time.

Maybe if she had more feathers he would not have done so much damage.