jimnpaula

Topaz isn't well

Topaz is an ex bat who has been out of her cage nearly a year.

She has been under the weather since Sunday, just sitting around and limping if she tries to move. Her tail is down, way down, and she's doing watery poos. I've brought her inside at nights since Sunday seeing as she's sleeping on the floor of the run, and putting her back out with the rest during the day.

She has been eating cat food, mealworms, live yoghurt, and drinking vitamin enhanced water but still no change.

I hope it wasn't the change of food several weeks ago... she hasn't really been right since then although we did offer her the old food too, but she didn't pick up.

Tonight, in the carrier, we found blood on her back, I'm sure it wasn't there when I brought her in so can only assume she's harmed herself. :(

I don't know what to do. To make matters worse, we go on holiday in just over a week so don't know whether to send her on holiday with the rest of the girls or send to Mum's on her own. If she doesn't perk up soon I suspect we'll be going to the vets :cry:

P

Well, she got pecked again while in the run so I brought her back indoors. During the day she has been eating & drinking and seems to be getting perkier :clap: We gave her a bath this evening as her underside was claggy and had some blood from the pecking.

we have an indoor chicken :shh:

P

She's been brighter today so I put her in the lean-to so she can walk about if she wants. Just been out to check her and spotted a small, pebble shaped, cream rubbery thing, which she then decided to eat - so I presume that was a lash. Hopefully she'll start to feel better now.

We're borrowing whoopsie's empty eglu so that Topaz can be put back next to her flock.

P