Jules. Posted September 8, 2010 Share Posted September 8, 2010 I'm considering upgrading my Morphy Richards fastbake breadmaker to the all singing all dancing Panasonic sd257 version. I must admit I only make dough in my current maker, and not very often now, as I don't really like the bread it cooks. However, most Omleteers who have a Panasonic version rave about it. How does the bread taste that's been baked in a Panasonic? And does the kneading blade drop ( I don't think so) , & if if doesn't how big a hole does it leave in the bread, & it is easy to get out again? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chucky Mama Posted September 8, 2010 Share Posted September 8, 2010 I have the old version with the blade that doesn't drop. The bread tastes great. There is a slit and a slight hole in the bread which makes a slightly odd couple of sliced towards the middle. It isn't a huge problem. I have heard that the blades that drop away often get stuck and so aren't a huge amount better than the normal blade. It can be an issue sometimes if the loaf gets well stuck to the blade as it can tear a larger hole when you remove the loaf. Again not an enormous issue but it can be annoying. For me it depends on which mixture I use. My french bread load is a devil to get out. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted September 8, 2010 Share Posted September 8, 2010 I can only endorse what CM has said above. I love my Panasonic and wouldn't be without it. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lorax Posted September 8, 2010 Share Posted September 8, 2010 Ditto, ditto! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Daphne Posted September 8, 2010 Share Posted September 8, 2010 thirded - the blade rarely gets stuck Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Jules. Posted September 9, 2010 Author Share Posted September 9, 2010 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...