patsylabrador Posted September 8, 2010 Share Posted September 8, 2010 I'm starting to come to the conclusion that I have some sort of allergy to eggs. I have to face the fact that almost every time I have eggs I have a rotten time over the next couple of days. My eyes get puffy and look like I've been hit and I get pains in my tummy. Boo. They're so tasty and lovely too. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
MarkBevBen Posted September 8, 2010 Share Posted September 8, 2010 Oh poor you Patsylabrador Has this just happened since you started having chickens or did you notice any symptoms before? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chickencam Posted September 8, 2010 Share Posted September 8, 2010 I used to find this when I was in my teens. We first got hens when I was 8 years old and I was fine until my teenage years, then when I ate them I would get a really muzzy head and stomach pains. I ate far less eggs when I left home and didn't have them in any great quantity until I got my girls in 2007. I am ok with them now, so I presume that it was some sort of developmental thig when I was younger. It might be worth getting yourself tested to make sure that it isn't something that you are eating with the eggs or a combination of things, are you ok with cakes etc containing eggs? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
patsylabrador Posted September 8, 2010 Author Share Posted September 8, 2010 Thank you for your replies. I've avoided rich food for years as it bothers me but I didn't know why. It looks like it was the egg element, I shall have a little omelet occasionally and keep an eye on events. To be honest, giving away boxes of freshly laid eggs is so satisfying, my friends are so pleased with them, it makes it worthwhile Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Krysia Posted September 9, 2010 Share Posted September 9, 2010 ounds like it! A friend of mine (who looks after the girl when we are away) was pleased to see we had ducks and couldn't wait for the eggs. I had jut bought a tray of duck eggs from the local farm so sent her home with 2. Her face swelled up! to quote her husband she looked like the elephant man I saw the pics and he was right! long stiry short duck eggs have more protien which is what she is allergic too! hens eggs are ok for her but he cant have ducks! weird! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...