Grovefarm Posted September 28, 2010 Share Posted September 28, 2010 Hi all, sorry if this seems a bit rushed I've got a 2 week old chick in an eglu whos mummy has just died, I also have another mummy and baby chick (about 2 months old), can I put those in with the 2 week old baby chick to take over mothering duties. Not sure what else to do. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
crazy kc Posted September 28, 2010 Share Posted September 28, 2010 I think the other mum would probably attack and kill the young chick. I would bring the younger chick into your house to keep it warm. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Redwing Posted September 28, 2010 Share Posted September 28, 2010 I agree the other one will see it as a threat It will need to come in under a heat lamp or electric hen in a cardboard box A normal lightbulb will do in the meantime - keep it low but away from anything flammable! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted September 28, 2010 Share Posted September 28, 2010 Such a shame. I agree with the other posters. Best to bring it in and rig up a brooder. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...