bigmommasally Posted October 10, 2010 Share Posted October 10, 2010 We were just settling down to watch Downton Abbey and we can't get ITV on Freeview is it just us or is it a Freeview problem? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chickric Posted October 10, 2010 Share Posted October 10, 2010 Ours is fine, but it might be a problem with your local transmitter. You need someone local to reply, sorry not much help Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Nicola O Posted October 10, 2010 Share Posted October 10, 2010 Was watching something else but just flipped over and I haven't got channel 3 either. Just a black screen. Nicola. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
bigmommasally Posted October 10, 2010 Author Share Posted October 10, 2010 Thanks Nicola, just checked with my mum and she can't get it either. At the moment we are watching it on fuzzy analog. Apparently it may be due to High Pressure, not impressed if this can happen when the weather is nice. What happens once analog signal is taken down after the switch over? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Charlottechicken Posted October 10, 2010 Share Posted October 10, 2010 I think the digital signal is not at full strength until the analogue signal is removed I hope so anyway, as the analogue signal round here is super strong and the digital reception on any freeview box I've had is not the same for all channels. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
morris Posted October 10, 2010 Share Posted October 10, 2010 i,m near dunmow and have lost all freeview and seem to be slowly losing analogue. Just been pricing up a new Ariel...very glad to have seen this Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
bigmommasally Posted October 11, 2010 Author Share Posted October 11, 2010 All back and okay this morning Not very happy to have missed of most of Downton Abbey last night, I was all settled with MiL and DD1, we had coffee and cake already for an indulgent hour and it was spoilt. Will have to catch up on line now. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
grracee Posted October 11, 2010 Share Posted October 11, 2010 Ours was down last night too. Just kept freezing and going off, analogue wasn't great either! But it's all okay this morning Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lesley Posted October 11, 2010 Share Posted October 11, 2010 I recorded it on the Humax PVR which records from Freeview channels and it is OK - the Humax dropped all recording from the schedule (like Sky Planner) last night so I don't know what is going on. We have a rubbish signal here, whatever we're watching. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Sheilaz Posted October 12, 2010 Share Posted October 12, 2010 We were just settling down to watch Downton Abbey and we can't get ITV on Freeview is it just us or is it a Freeview problem? Thank you so much for posting. We've been having Freeview problems & assumed it was us, changed scart lead, turned things on/off etc. Then had intermittant analogue problems at Mother's & ours and thought I was jinxed. Now I'm going to wait a few days & reassess, rather than assuming it's our sets or ariels. Hmmmm.... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lesley Posted October 12, 2010 Share Posted October 12, 2010 I meant to say you can always check for problems on Digital Spy. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...