Treekeeper Posted October 16, 2010 Share Posted October 16, 2010 Pepper is in the broody cage tonight I hope it snaps her out of it she's been on it for 3 weeks and still no sign of stopping so she has been isolated in the hole on her own and it's supposed to get really cold tonight! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
quickcluck Posted October 17, 2010 Share Posted October 17, 2010 I cover my cage with a rug if it's cold of a night Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
goodinparts Posted October 17, 2010 Share Posted October 17, 2010 Broody Brigid is heading for the sin bin tonight too I think.... I gave her the benefit of the doubt yesterday as she did eventually lay, after much puffling and that odd kind of clicky sort of cluck that she does when broody - but I just got back from church to find her still sitting there, in full pancake splendour and no hint of an egg in sight. Hate to do it with the frost about but can't face her brooding her way through til spring Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
CallyChook Posted October 17, 2010 Share Posted October 17, 2010 Morgana has taken to staying in the coop since she had her saddle put on three/four days ago. I wasnt sure if it was due to her being bottom of the pecking order and wanting to keep out of the way, but definitely yesterday she was all fluffed up and brooding. Just on my way out now to shift her, as only Gwen is laying (and then only every fourth day) and she has laid today so no one needs to get into the coop. I'll give her one more day before she gets sinned too! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
CallyChook Posted October 17, 2010 Share Posted October 17, 2010 She was out and about of her own accord Well done Morgana! How is Pepper?? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Treekeeper Posted October 17, 2010 Author Share Posted October 17, 2010 Still in the cage and doing the broody cluck. She had a run round with the rest free ranging but didn't bow down to Fang the senior chook so got a beating but actually fought back! This is unheard of so the usual order needs to be restored, when they went back in the run she went back in isolation. Hope she improves soon because we are off to the wilds of Scotia at the end of the week. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
goodinparts Posted October 17, 2010 Share Posted October 17, 2010 I chickened out (whoops) of incarcerating Brigid this afternoon as she was behaving beautifully and FRing happily with the others - but OH says that when he went to shut them up she was back in full broody mode Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
hippy chick Posted October 17, 2010 Share Posted October 17, 2010 I think maybe I should give the broody cage another go. My Penny has been broody for a month now and just will not snap out of it. Would you put the cage in the chicken house or leave it outside in the WIR? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
migsy Posted October 17, 2010 Share Posted October 17, 2010 My Spike has been broody for over 3 weeks. I take her out every day and shut the coop but as soon as it is opened she is in there like a shot. I keep hoping that as the weather gets colder she will come out of it but no signs yet Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...