sari

An admission and a question....mice and poop!

my admission- I discovered a dried-0n curry poop on the bottom of my cardigan at work this morning. :oops: I had been barely awake when I ran down to the WIR this a.m, wearing just my jamas and my cardigan.....I was careful, but obviously it dangled on something.......yuck! I subtly washed it in the loo at work, and a child immediately said " Miss..why's your cardigan wet?" I did not confess... :silenced: . I pretended it had been glue....

Also, I found some mouse poop on the staging in the WIR today...all the food is in heavy duty palstic tubs, so they must be comng for the food that is in the feeders. Anything I can do, or should worry about??

Thanks

sari x x

Mice and rats will be able to chew through plastic containers, so best to store feed in galvanised bins if you can.

Sorry to hear about the cardi - did it pong when you washed it?

This is what I suspected, I have few old Quality street tins that'll do for now, I suppose. I get a galv bin when I'm at the feed shop tnext time. As for the cardi...how shameful? It didn't smell, I used antibacterial handwash...odour killer included!

it wasn't a huge blob, about 5p sized..but that will teach me to put my new cardi on to run down to the chooks.. :doh: Its gone straight in the wash......

Ewww! A couple of times I have inadvertantly stepped in some poo on my way out to the car in the mornings (the chickens free range - when I go out to their house I do wear my garden shoes!)

The result of this is that as the car warms up a very distinctive (emphasis on the 'stink') odour starts permeating the car. My journey is about 30 mins, most of which is on dual carriageway where I can't stop. Last time I thought I would be sick after about 20 mins :vom:

Why is it always the curry poo though...it's one in ten.....so you would only have a ten% chance of stepping/getting blobbed....so why is it always the stinky ones? ( I'm a maths dunce..so my sums are probably wrong..someone tell me)

So I will not be a slummy mummy tomorrow, and will run down the garden in my old coat..not my nice warm cardi....

I bought some of those fleece pj's from primark to pull on over my night shirt so I can nip down to open the girls up while the kettle's boiling. Nice and cosy, no poop on my dressing gown, and I don't scare the neighbours when they look out their kitchen window. Fortunately the rest of the garden has 6ft fencing. I did have chickeny crocs that lived outside the back door but the fox has stolen the left foot.

I've only got chicken poo on my feet or fingers so far ........ :vom: I do, however, have a problem with chicken bedding and a big fluffy jumper I wear when it's really cold. For two weeks now I have cleaned out the chickens wearing this, and the aubiose sticks to this jumper, and I can't get it out! I pick at it, I have washed the jumper, and the bits resolutely stay in the jumper, so now instead of looking like a giant fat teddy bear on top I just look like a bag lady with bits all over me! :lol:

Hi, I recently had a problem with Rats stealing food, managed to remedy this by buying a toolbox from Wilko's, perfect size for the grub and was only a tenner, I leave it in the WIR so in the morning its just a case of filling glug and re-hanging grub. No sign of Roland or his droppings since, you may also need to sweep up any food off the floor but luckily my girls are quite tidy or is that greedy. Theresa

Thanks..I'll give the PJ's a try....and my darling OH has just come to the end of a HUGE tub of weigh protein ( he's a judo and ju-jitsu player....always on something.....) and I have used that....it's really thick plastic, so will do for now.

Aubiose really does get everywhere doesn't it?!> Although judging by the threads on here, not for much longer....I notice flecks evrywhere!