craftyhunnypie

Make a Winter Warmer

Here is the simple pattern I'm using to make a snood. It's like a cowl neck / loop that you wear round your neck or use over your head. Use 100grams of chunky or 2 balls of Double Knitting yarn together.

Using a pair of 7mm knitting needles cast on 26 stitches

1st row Knit 1, then yarn round needle & knit 2 together. Repeat YRN & K2together until last stitch, then knit 1.

Next row Knit 1, then purl to the last stitch, knit last stitch.

Repeat these two rows until wool is nearly all used.

Cast off.

Get hold of the length & twist before sewing the ends together.

It forms a mesh like pattern.

Good luck.

Emma.x

Her you go:

- the beauty of youtube :D

ah-HA! I wondered how you could knit, as above and not end up reducing the number of stiches. If I understand this correctly, by doing the YO, you *make* a new stitch (kind of) before you knit the two together. So the number of stitches stays the same. :D

Of course, if thats wrong, please tell me now, before I dig out my knitters! :lol:

ETA: in my excitement at thinking I'd worked it out, I completely forgot to thank you properly :oops:

Thank you :D

Ive just made something very similar :D:D

here is my variation (just in case someone needs an "easier" pattern :wink::D - Im all for ease me :lol: )

cast on 35 stitches

moss stitch (knit 1, purl 1, repeat to end, 2nd row, knit into a purl and purl into a knit)

continue til 60cm long

cast off in pattern, stitch up.

:D:D

cathy

x

*sigh* I have given up for now. :oops: I think the wool I have is not appropriate. It is lovely but, perhaps it would be better for someone with more experience of knitting to use.

It is like a kind of chenille, imagine pipe cleaners. Obviously the wire is replaced with a thread, and then its all fluffy. :roll:

Oh well.