WitchHazel

Weck jars available in Lakeland!

I'm so excited!

I was in my local Lakeland yesterday, and saw they had Weck canning jars on the shelves (although they weren't under the Weck brand name). I've had a look online and they aren't in the catalogue, so I guess they are on trial or something.

Weck are a German company, but they are very popular in the US. You can see more about the range on this US site

http://www.weckcanning.com/

Their jars are perfect for pressure canning (which we started to do in 2010), which Le Parfait jars are not (US regs anyway). They are also much better than even proper kilner jars, because there is no metal to corrode (they are two pieces of glass, and there are re-usable metal clips which are put on AFTER the canning is done). The other difference between these jars and traditional canning jars is that one doesn't leave a headspace.

They also come in fantastic shapes, including pretty ones for juices (which is one of the things we pressure can).

Sorry if this sounds like a big advert. I'm just really pleased to see them here, as previously I've only been able to get the pretty shaped ones from a supplier in Germany, and the shipping costs have been quite high.