keyhole kate Posted February 16, 2011 Share Posted February 16, 2011 Maths was never my strong point how many hens could you have comfortably in a WIR 8 X 8 attached to a with limited FR (I have promised OH as he is re landscaping the garden ) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
gongladosh Posted February 17, 2011 Share Posted February 17, 2011 I've got 4 little madams in a 6 x 9 foot run and they're perfectly happy! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chickenNutter Posted February 17, 2011 Share Posted February 17, 2011 I have got 5 in a 6ft x 10 ft, although 4 are bantams, so using chickens maths thats 3 chickens. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
WitchHazel Posted February 17, 2011 Share Posted February 17, 2011 When I bought my original girls from Wernlas, they told me that I needed to allow at least 2sq m per bird if they were going to be permanently sited and with limited free ranging. (That's nothing to do with how many you can fit in a Cube, of course, the maths for that is different). You mention 8x8, assume that it feet? 64 square feet converts to just under 6 square metres, so you're looking at 3 large fowl Girls. How many more than that would depend on how long they are actually going to spend inside the run. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...