Janty

Where has today gone? Ahh yes, chicken cleaning!

I got up this morning full of energy and ready to spring into action. I haven't been well lately with liver and kidney problems and if I'm honest I have got a bit behind with chicken jobs lately and I was getting a bit down about it.

I persuaded hubby to help me extend one of the eglu runs so that I could rehouse some oldish bantams. They were fine inside Henonism when they were young but now they are slowing down I wanted to let them retire peacefully to a little retirement cottage of their own. After lots of pulling up of paving stones and run extensions being built, Fowlty Towers was ready for branches, toys and it's new inhabitants. I caught the seven banties in question (which include Rafa Henitas and Buff-ed, only because Buff-ed can't see from underneath her top-knot and beard and she is firm friends with Rafa), powdered them, checked their feet and placed them inside their new eglu. They immediately took to their new surroundings and went to bed together nicely once night tome came.

I also cleaned out three cubes completely and gave them a good anti mite treatment as a preventative measure.

I then treated Emma, my brahma who has a repetitive eye problem and who is determined to bankrupt me at the vets.

All in all a good day. I am feeling much happier about my girls but I am completely shattered and my side and back are really hurting. Time for a hot bath now which hubby is running, some pain killers and anti-inflamatories, a cup of tea and a Slimming World bar - I am back on the straight and narrow and I've lost 11.5 lb.