Chucky Mama

Price of a hybrid *Update*

i paid £11 gold star ranger £13 for my amder star and bluebell. that was 12 feb. they 20 wks crouching but no eggs yet. the ones that may lay blue eggs were£16 but they had sold out.they are vacinated as well.think that a good price wouldnt pay £40 my hbby would kill me!!!

Mine were well over 20wks when they started laying. We worked out they were hatched the end of May, they started laying in January/February, although they are pure breeds so that might have made a difference. However I think even the hybrids lay less in the Winter, so perhaps as we've had a lot of very cold weather over the last few months that might have slowed down their development :?:

Well, I am back from HERE with 3 new hens. What a lovely place I must say. Chickens all looked so healthy and happy. When we went down to see them (walking past the newly born lambs and some gorgeous pigs) all of the chickens came bombing down the paddock to see us. They looked so healthy, almost as if they had all been in hair and makeup :lol: I came away with a Black Star, Columbian Black Tail and .......the Fenton Rose :oops: I thought what the heck, I am cheap to run so I deserve a treat (£35). I will post photos when they are more settled :D

Well, I am back from HERE with 3 new hens. What a lovely place I must say. Chickens all looked so healthy and happy. When we went down to see them (walking past the newly born lambs and some gorgeous pigs) all of the chickens came bombing down the paddock to see us. They looked so healthy, almost as if they had all been in hair and makeup :lol: I came away with a Black Star, Columbian Black Tail and .......the Fenton Rose :oops: I thought what the heck, I am cheap to run so I deserve a treat (£35). I will post photos when they are more settled :D

That's good to know. I've spoken to the lady on the phone about her chickens and she was very helpful. May well go there for morehens when OH gives the go ahead. Quite fancy a blue layer myself, the wish list is getting longer and longer.

Congratulations Chucky Mama - enjoy your new additions and looking forward to seeing your pics :D .