Henergy Posted March 8, 2011 Share Posted March 8, 2011 Well aside from, isn't there alot of it ! My question is regarding my new girls. One is doing lovely textbook poos but the other is really runny & has been since she arrived. Is there something I can give her or anything I should be worried about ? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted March 8, 2011 Share Posted March 8, 2011 They are often a bit squitty when they arrive. It is usually stress related, to do with the move. Just keep her on pellets and water for a few days, no extras, and it ought to settle. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Pearls007 Posted March 8, 2011 Share Posted March 8, 2011 I think your chickens arrived about the same time as mine (4th March). One of mine is producing runny poo too - the other is fine. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
nikkichick Posted March 8, 2011 Share Posted March 8, 2011 I had exactly the same thing with one of my girls. I wormed them and gave them some marmite on toast a couple of days in the evening (vitamin B is good for them especially when settling in). Then just normal food and water. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
EggstraSpecialHens Posted March 9, 2011 Share Posted March 9, 2011 Sorry to chip in and am not trying to hijack a thread - my girls moved in two days ago and just done my first poo picking session. There is some white poop mixed with brown. Not all of it is this colour. Is this normal? Don't want to come across all Gillian McKeith but having an OCD moment - just don't want them poorly and me not know/take action. Probably comes across as a stupid question, so I apologise in advance Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lavenders_Blue Posted March 9, 2011 Share Posted March 9, 2011 Not a stupid question at all. We have all had these questions at some point. What you are describing is totally normal, the white part are the urates. Hens don't wee as such, it all forms part of the poo and is the reason why chicken poo smells so strongly of ammonia. Sometimes, in the morning, the urates can be slightly coral coloured which is also completely normal Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
EggstraSpecialHens Posted March 9, 2011 Share Posted March 9, 2011 Not a stupid question at all. We have all had these questions at some point.What you are describing is totally normal, the white part are the urates. Hens don't wee as such, it all forms part of the poo and is the reason why chicken poo smells so strongly of ammonia. Sometimes, in the morning, the urates can be slightly coral coloured which is also completely normal Thank God for that - I knew that the wee and poop kind of intermixed but when I saw white I just thought "oh help"! Thanks for reassurance. I'll go and calm down now Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...