craftyhunnypie

Anyone own a giant rabbit?

Hi - my sister is collecting a Giant Rabbit at the weekend. She is only a baby & already huge! She will be called Betty. I'm amazed that a rabbit can be sooo big. :shock: Has anyone got one & how big will they actually grow? I'm puzzled as to what you even house them in, as a normal hutch would just collapse under their weight surely? :think:

Emma.x

Hi Emma, not got one but they had them at the sanctuary i used to work at. You are right, a normal hutch won't be big enough, you would need a shed but I think most people have them as house bunnies. Not sure how big they end up, certainly bigger than cat size from memory. But they are lovely! Cathy xx

I've got a giant french lop and he is only 3 months at the moment and is huge already! :shock: We are expecting him to grow to at least the size of a small dog, if not bigger. When I got him as he was a baby and it was freezing bad I kept him in a hutch in the shed with my bunnies but now he is bigger he is going to go and live in the old chicken coop up the garden and have free run of the garden. He loves it :)

Can't wait to see pictures of Betty! :D

hi weve got a continental giant rabbit called buster and a british giant rabbit called bob (short for kate off black adder!) buster is male and 6 months old and bigger than my cat,and bob is female and 12 weeks old just the normal size of a rabbit at the moment.