tracyann

New girls - new photos

Hi all,

Well, after yesterdays antics and the problems with the rhode rock, I went back and got another Lohmann's Brown hen, much to my five year old nieces joy as she has wanted her own chicken since I got my girls - so as Becky is my nieces name she wanted to call her hen Becky or Becks for short....

Please see a link to photobucket photo album of the new girls and they have integrated well without any problems and are laying an egg a day already.

http://s1099.photobucket.com/albums/g390/Tracy_Sutton/

They are really friendly birds and sit on my shoulder!

Ah well, that was last years paint, not guilty your honour... Storage space is lacking in the garage since the hens arrived, when things have got back to normal I plan on tidying out the rubbish so the hens have more space. They are happy though have made a bit of a mess, but I love them still.

Beautiful girls :!: What's that about 'getting back to normal'? :liar: No more chickens on the way then . . . :whistle:

My Dad is in the hospice at the moment, with kidney and heart failure, so their feeding/treat times are up the creak slightly...

They only get corn and mealworms..... but I'm having to eek it out a bit... But I've had 4 eggs today.

Yes they are, got poached eggs on toast for tea. The best thing about dad being in the hospice, yesterday he ordered egg on toast for his tea, I'd promised him first dibs on the eggs when my chooks started laying and he missed out as he was in hospital at the time, I managed to get some of my hens eggs to the kitchen yesterday for him to have for his tea, and I'm so happy I managed to keep my promise. He thoroughly enjoyed them. Just been in and Aggie is in the nest box cooing so another egg is on its way.