WitchHazel

Sunday Times subscription - any one have it?

We don't get daily newspapers. We get the Sunday Times each week, mainly for the crossword.

In this week's paper there was an advert for a subscription, saving 50p per week off the cover price. It also includes online access. I wanted to find out how the paper would actually be delivered - whether it would be through my local shop as now, or whether it would be delivered directly (for example, through some sort of voucher scheme). A large part of my local shop's income is through newspapers/delivery, and I don't want to save 50p if it means that they will be deprived of my business.

I went to the subscirption website and looked for info on this, but couldn't find any. I started the application process, but I've got to the page where I need to provide my bank details and I still haven't found any info about how the paper will be delivered. I don't want to fill in my banking details if I'm not going to go ahead with the subscription. I've searched online, but I can only seem to find info on the online service.

Have you subscribed to have it delivered? Does it go through your local newsagent?

Hazel

You still get it from the newsagents, and you pay by voucher, the shop sends off the voucher and gets paid for the full amount.

That's great, than you Fred.

I'll check with my newsagent next week to see if he's happy to accept the voucher. If he is, I'll go ahead.