Chezza13

Eggcited!!! Day 21 tomorrow! Fingers crossed: )

Soo eggcited it's day 21 tomorrow, really hoping these 5 eggs hatch, as is madusa now being the only female left! This is all she is living for at the mo after losing her daughter athena a month ago. Trouble is she won't let me get near her to see any progress!!

Thank you Chezza, had a mild panic today, came home from work and hen had booted 7 eggs out and they were cold to touch :anxious:

At 8pm when I went to check on chickens and lock both houses up 3 of the eggs were hatching :dance:

fingers crossed for us all

Hi Chezza

Hang on in there - as all the post that I have read says a day or so here and there...fingers crossed for you x

6 hatched today and one is pipping. Candled the 2 welsummer eggs and I think that they are half developed and I can hear no cheeping inside. (Yesterday I took a few eggs to my ears and I could hear them cheeping away.)

Will leave those eggs under hen for a few days and see what happens.

Does this make me a Nana Hen?

Kit

ps the lady who sold me the eggs said to me last night that as the weather has been up and down it is bound to mess the hatching up a little bit. Have you sourced somewhere where you can buy day old chicks just in case?

We have lift off!!!! Well we definatly have 1 but stubborn madusa won't let me near I got put in my place when I tried to have a peek under! Lol.

Just have to wait till tomo now.

Kit- oh wow that's great news!! Yeah I guess that makes us both nana hens! No I didn't source anywhere as was going to give her a few weeks break if we had no luck.X

Yep,just the one! Although I'm very happy : ) as all chickens seem soo much more happier now spending all day outside having fun!! Hopefully we will have some more before the year is out. All to do now is pray it's girl!!

Will try and get some pics up when I learn how to do it,lol x