You need to be careful you don't block up important ventilation, I can't say I have ever insulated any of my wooden coops in the past. It would depend on the size and type of your coop and the number of hens. Don't forget that hens are really walking feather duvet and designed to keep themselves warm.

You can pick up bargain second hand Eglus if you keep an eye out, I did twice!

I wouldnt insulate a wooden coop, you will only provide more places for red mite to hide and make it trickier to clean, chooks will also fare worse in a warm stuffy environment

If its a well made and well designed wooden coop you'll be absolutely fine, ventilation should be at the top under the eaves well above the chooks roosting place, close doors to prevent drafts or position the house away from the prevailing wind and use tarps on run sides to prevent the worst of the wind blowing in - I dont shut any of my coop doors but the coops are all postioned so that the wind doesnt blow straight in

I've only closed coops a handful of times over the last two winters and have lost no chooks to the cold - I have nearly lost a few to too hot conditions though