Popcorn

Grammar

Simply, I think 'who' refers to the subject of the sentence and 'whom' refers to the object. So people are right to replace 'I' and 'He' etc with who and 'him', 'her' etc with whom. I think whom requires a preposition before it - with whom, to whom, for whom etc.

I also cringe at the gross misuse of 'myself'. My brother uses it (incorrectly) all the time! It should only be used with a refelexive verb - I did it myself, I got myself out of the hole etc - and NEVER as an alternative to me!

The other one I hate is the use of 'I' instead of 'me'. Australian soaps use this wrongly all the time and I'm convinced that is why it so rife at the moment. Again, as in who/whom, I is always the subject of the sentence and me the object.

Another annoying thing is when people use a plural verb with a singular noun, as in 'After assembly the class go out to play' - it should be 'goes' because class is a singular noun - 'he goes', rather than 'they go'

Sorry if I've ranted on a bit :!::evil::shock: