migsy Posted September 2, 2011 Share Posted September 2, 2011 My ex batts are the friendliest and I've had them for the shortest time. They are the first to come in the kitchen door and are generally very chilled out and easy to catch/hold etc. I don't think we can expect chickens to be as friendly or tame as dogs or cats though. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cheaky Chick Posted September 2, 2011 Author Share Posted September 2, 2011 Well ive got 3 kids so i dont go out to work so by the time i get my chickens they will be back at school so im gonna have alot of time for them so im prob fussing about nothing..im going with hybrids cos i do want the eggs aswell so i will prob just see who takes my fancey on the day..and that day needs to hurry up and get hear ive found LIVE mealworms at my local pet shop..do they like live ones ? and there the BIG ones aswell Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Sam Posted September 2, 2011 Share Posted September 2, 2011 ive found LIVE mealworms at my local pet shop..do they like live ones ? and there the BIG ones aswell ermmmmm.... they will chase you for miles if you have mealworms Can't remember about the giant mealworms, all I know is that you can't breed the giant ones but I think they'd be fine for eating Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cheaky Chick Posted September 2, 2011 Author Share Posted September 2, 2011 ermmmmm.... they will chase you for miles if you have mealworms Can't remember about the giant mealworms, all I know is that you can't breed the giant ones but I think they'd be fine for eating I didnt actually see if they was mealworms but they looked the same but big sorry what do you mean about breeding mealworms ? i dont want to breed them im just gonna buy them there dead cheap Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Sam Posted September 2, 2011 Share Posted September 2, 2011 Sorry. All I know about giant mealworms is that you cant breed them, not that you'd want to! Breeding mealworms is a whole other story which I would never bother with Sorry just ignore me -- chickens love mealworms Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cheaky Chick Posted September 2, 2011 Author Share Posted September 2, 2011 Sorry. All I know about giant mealworms is that you cant breed them, not that you'd want to! Breeding mealworms is a whole other story which I would never bother with Sorry just ignore me -- chickens love mealworms oh good i was getting confused there was thinking does every1 breed there mealworms lol thank god they dont they prob wasnt mealworms just some big ugly wiggly thing Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
fluffy chick Posted September 2, 2011 Share Posted September 2, 2011 Sorry. All I know about giant mealworms is that you cant breed them, not that you'd want to! Breeding mealworms is a whole other story which I would never bother with Sorry just ignore me -- chickens love mealworms oh good i was getting confused there was thinking does every1 breed there mealworms lol thank god they dont they prob wasnt mealworms just some big ugly wiggly thing God, I got some live ones thru the post once and wasn't expecting them. I nearly threw them across the room when I opened them The pot had opened and they were all crawling out the envelop. We will be needing pics of these lucky chickens you know Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cheaky Chick Posted September 2, 2011 Author Share Posted September 2, 2011 God, I got some live ones thru the post once and wasn't expecting them. I nearly threw them across the room when I opened them The pot had opened and they were all crawling out the envelop. We will be needing pics of these lucky chickens you know just thinking about mealworms crawling out of an envelope oh and dont worry as soon as i get the little darlings you will be wishing i never found this site lol wir's nearly finished Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Banus Posted September 2, 2011 Share Posted September 2, 2011 OK. I haven't read all of the posts on the 3 previous pages but I'll add my two peneth worth for what it's worth. We lost our Omlet miss after 2 months which left our on her own. So to save her being lonely we've introduced 2 hybrids. An Amber (Lilly) and an Copper Black (Amber) yes I have got that right. After only 24 hrs Lilly led the other 2 through our open patio window into our sitting room and the hopped onto the sofa whilst Amber jumped up onto my wifes lap who was sat our suite! - AFTER ONLY 24 hrs. Cheeky or what? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cheaky Chick Posted September 2, 2011 Author Share Posted September 2, 2011 aaww wow very friendly chickens or what..thats what i want Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...