Richard

Auboise?

Hi

somebody very kindly posted some pictures of this stuff, and the alternatives, and told me why they use it rather than straw or paper. Unfortunately I can't find the posting (I can't remember what thread it was in!).

Could the person who posted it either remind me where it is (poor old man that I am) or post it again.

thanks ever so much

I went to our local pet shop today to try and get them to order either Auboise or Hemcore for me, but they checked their computer and it said No. They will order layers' pellets for me, but £8.50 a bag (non-organic) seemed a bit expensive. When will pet shops cotton on to the fact that a lot of people now have pet chickens?

I did ask for Aubiose, however, rather than Auboise. Which is the correct name? A Google Search brings up 20,400 results for Aubiose, and 43,900 for Auboise.

It's AuBIOse - I thought it was 'bois' like the French for wood, but it's actually named after the place in France where the HQ is.

I order my stuff from GW Titmuss online, there is a delivery charge of course but I found the last order (pellets, grit, and red mite powder) worked out a bit cheaper than Omlet. They do Easibed, Hemcore and Aubiose!

http://www.gjwtitmussshop.co.uk/acatalog/#

@- Gallina in my experience pet shops are not great for this kind of thing, you need a country store or feed merchant. That is very expensive, I can get non-org layers pellets for £3.99 a bag and organic for £9.99.

As Olly has said it is Aubiose not Auboise, you pronounce it Aw-bee-oz

Hi

I get my other stuff either from Moule and Horn in Hunstanton or the place in Fakenham (down by Cookes, the VW garage). Both are pretty reasonably priced - the Fakenham place is slightly cheaper for layers pellets, but Moule and Horn (I'm not sure if I'm spelling it correctly) is a great little treasure of a place that provides all sorts of animal feed.

I'm getting my Orpingtons this afternoon - from a lady in Colkirk. Can't wait!

I think we go to the same place in Fakenham, GJL Animal feeds. Have you checked there to see if they do it? I can see on their site they do Bedmax so they might do other horse bedding.

ps I got a chick from that lady in Foxley, thanks.