ilovechickens

SW or WW?

I did WW - and in complete contrast to Couperwife, I found it was really good!

Lost the weight that I needed to, taught me portion sizes (which was my main issue!!). Can eat normally, was fairly easy to eat out, and it worked for me...

I guess SW is the same, but things like earning points exercising etc was really good too.

I have done both successfully I think (its when you stop thats the problem).

In my opinion you are likely to have greater success with either of them if you go to a group and stay to the group. I know some people cant and have to do it online but I found that the group attendance motivated me. Apparently there are figures that show that attendees lose more too.

On WW I lost 3 stone and on SW I lost a stone (its that last stone that keeps going on and off again when I give up the groups) I found that the two plans teach you different things so you probably need to pick the one that is more suited to your lifestyle.

As Clash CIty Rocker says WW is about counting, ultimately it portion control and you can eat anything in controlled amounts. So yes suitable for someone OCD like :lol: I like that description. However I found the downside for me was that although I was controlling the portions I was eating rubbish to stay within my points, its easy to buy or stick to things where you know the amount of points for example ready made meals but when you look at the content :(

For me SW is better as a lot of foods dont have to be counted. You can eat unlimted amounts of fruit veg meat (lean) and fish. This means that as soon as I start the plan I eat so much better; vast quantities of fruit, veg lean meat and fish. I prefer this although its not controlling my portions I feel healtier, it fits in with family life - eg meat and veg or lean spaghetti bolognaise for tea -and it works.

I hope that helps

I followed slimming world from a borrowed book, and didn't go to the classes and lost a stone and a half, that was a year ago and I'm still the same weight so a success! If you cook from scratch most of the time this is the one for you, and you can save your 'syns' for treats such as chocolate or wine. I would recommend it :D