Old Speckled Hen

Removal Men

As far as I can remember, I gave mine (5 years ago) about £100 to share between them - there were four or five, and I gave it to the top one. I think the total fee was about £600, so that was more than 10% but they had been absolutely wonderful. I reckon something like £20/per chap? Others may have a better idea, I was probably a bit over-generous because I was so grateful for what they'd achieved!

Good luck with the move!

I moved in a 2 day job last year. We had 3 removal men and my OH helped at the new house end. The men were friendly, cheerful and most of all careful and efficient. We gave them £20 each, a home made pasty for the journey home and a couple of bottles of beer each for their arrival home.

They seemed happy with that and we thought they were worth every penny.

Hens are with sis-in-law. The first time in 18months that Flash has slept with his girls :lol:

Bees are in neighbour's field still and I'll check them weekly. The thought of moving them now is too horrible to contemplate. I normally keep three colonies but have six at present with all ASs and splits.

Waiting for best queens then will unite back to three for summer crop.