blueandwhite Posted June 23, 2012 Share Posted June 23, 2012 My girls had to go to my sisters when I moved house whilst I secured the back garden. It was only meant to be for two weeks but turned into 5 ... but they back now. The cat is not impressed one bit! There is 4 tonnes of topsoil dumped in the middle of the garden - so chicken heaven. They are happily scratching about in 'destroy' mode and seem quite happy. Fingers crossed the neighbours like them - they have been warned! Will bribe them with eggs Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Clucking_Mad Posted June 23, 2012 Share Posted June 23, 2012 So glad to hear you finally have your girls back, it must have been weird not having them around. Are they settling into the new garden alright? Laura x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
blueandwhite Posted June 23, 2012 Author Share Posted June 23, 2012 Yes thanks I'm seriously considering leaving it in the state it is, then I won't worry about them wrecking it! Apart from the topsoil there are lots of stones to scratch about in. They will sleep well tonight. I really missed them even though I knew it was best for them to be safe and my sister looked after them well. But I feel our family is complete again now! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
dancing cloud Posted June 24, 2012 Share Posted June 24, 2012 Glad they're back with you and settled in what sounds like chikkie heaven! Always a wrench to be separated from the girlies, especially when you weren't expecting it to be for so long. How are they this morning? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ain't Nobody Here Posted June 24, 2012 Share Posted June 24, 2012 I'm glad you've got your girls back . Your new garden does sound like chicken heaven . At least you won't feel any pressure to get it looking like a proper garden if they're enjoying it so much . Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
blueandwhite Posted June 25, 2012 Author Share Posted June 25, 2012 Thanks, they have settled in really well and I've had an egg from both. Also they have had a 'lie in' both mornings - exhausted from all that digging no doubt! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...