auntielizzie Posted June 29, 2012 Share Posted June 29, 2012 Fingers crossed, my girls will find a hoard of treasure before too long. So far, amongst and infintecimal number of stones and chunks of concrete they have dug up, they have found bits of glass, bits of tile, marbles, bits of old rusty metal, an old toy aeroplane (lead), there seems to be an endless amount of "stuff" coming up. Can't help thinking there's a whole other house buried down there No treasure yet, but you never know......... Their piece of garden is wrecked Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
jackian Posted June 29, 2012 Share Posted June 29, 2012 My girls found a lot of plastic pegs and an array of toy soldiers which my son who is in his 30s used to play with.He no longer needs them so they are lined up along the WIR stuck down with blue tack ..guarding it No treasure here either Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Jenthelibrarian Posted June 29, 2012 Share Posted June 29, 2012 No treasure here [yet] But I think my hens fancy a holiday in Australia, they dig huge holes I'm also amazed at how they seem to shift fairly large stones. Josie is very industrious about scritch-scratching all the mulch out from under the shrubs and throwing it all over the paths. The two of them are actually not bad at weeding, but I have had to net my veggie beds. If they find real treasure is it mine or theirs? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
AlisonH Posted June 29, 2012 Share Posted June 29, 2012 Mine dig such huge holes that they pull all the chippings from under the run edge into the run - there's more piled up in there than outside the run. Plus if they could crawl then they'd be able to get under the run edge, despite raking it daily. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
keyhole kate Posted June 29, 2012 Share Posted June 29, 2012 I only let mine out when I can supervise there wanton vandalisim as I promised OH however they have been very good lately until yesterday when I found fauna & flora huddled in the corner under my window only to find they had dug a huge industial size pit their treasure about twenty snails which they were devouring shells and all Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...