beccauk Posted July 1, 2012 Share Posted July 1, 2012 (edited) Hi I have been hav ing issues with pecking while trying to introduce my 2 columbines to the 3 amberlinks, and i want to try a chicken saddle to cover the bald patch at the base of the tail as i think thats my the other columbine keeps pecking it, give the feathers chance to grow back. i have a sewing machine and alots of oddments of fabric and want to make one and wondered if anyone had a pattern for making one ive done abit of a google search but havent found much. many thanks becca Edited July 4, 2012 by Guest Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
cluckingmad Posted July 1, 2012 Share Posted July 1, 2012 Hi becca have a look at backtobasicliving.com/blog/make-a-chicken-saddle/ X Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
beccauk Posted July 2, 2012 Author Share Posted July 2, 2012 Hi thanks for that I've printed the template off and il give it ago il put a photo on here if I manage it Becca Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
beccauk Posted July 4, 2012 Author Share Posted July 4, 2012 Hi I have managed to make a chicken saddle from that pattern and another i managed to find after making a proto type on monday night without having any inter facing and i used cotton tape. the second one i have extended the back by an inch and used elastic with press studs to attach it under the wings which made it so quick to fit without having to thread the wings through especially with a chicken that is not used to handling. here are some photos of her modeling her anti pecking jacket with a nice floral cath kidson material. it seems to of solved the other columbine pecking at its bald patch until its feathers grow back (crosses fingers) i also had a thought about if you could use fleece and make them for keeping them warm in the winter weather? when they go to bed. any thoughts would be grateful becca Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Luvachicken Posted July 4, 2012 Share Posted July 4, 2012 You are very clever making that I think your hen looks good in her cath kidson outfit. I hope it does the trick. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chortle Chook Posted July 5, 2012 Share Posted July 5, 2012 I love your fashon conscious hen! You are obviously really clever with your hands to have made that Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...