CatieB

Nutracheck- anyone done it? Successful?

I'll have a look and see what Nutracheck is about, but can I suggest The Dukan Diet? It's a low carb, low fat diet. After the initial protein only phase, vegetables are allowed every other day. It's working for me. I've lost 11lbs in 25 days. I haven't been able to stick to a diet for a while and have piled on weight.

I'd recommend to buy the book and read all about it properly, but there is a lot of information on the internet too.

Just looked for Nutracheck. Reminds me of My Fitness Pal, which is internet and/or App based (and it's free!)

I'll have a look and see what Nutracheck is about, but can I suggest The Dukan Diet? It's a low carb, low fat diet. After the initial protein only phase, vegetables are allowed every other day. It's working for me. I've lost 11lbs in 25 days. I haven't been able to stick to a diet for a while and have piled on weight.

I'd recommend to buy the book and read all about it properly, but there is a lot of information on the internet too.

Just looked for Nutracheck. Reminds me of My Fitness Pal, which is internet and/or App based (and it's free!)

Thank you very much I have started myfitnesspal application and I'm loving it.... suits my slightly OCD know the facts obsession :lol:

Dukan diet definately not for me. Never say never, but I want to be able to eat normal stuff. In fact I dont really want a diet I just want to change my habits and logging is a good way. Thanks for the tip

I'm doing Nutracheck and have lost 2stones 2lbs since the end of November, I love it because nothing is forbidden and I can work whatever treats I want into my daily calorie allowance, it's so easy keeping tabs on what I eat and I'm really pleased with my progress, I developed an underactive thyroid after my son was born 18 years ago and this is the only thing that I've managed to lose more than a few pounds with.

You can do a free 5 day trial to give it a go, if you want to continue then you have to pay but it's much cheaper than WW & SW, I always take up membership offers when they have them so I'm paid up until next summer :shock: The amount I've paid averages out to about £4 per Month! I've made great friends on the site and the support from the staff and other users is amazing :D It has some good features like a recipe planner, I can type in my recipes and it works out the calories for me and if I'm horrified by the amount of calories per serving I can then tweak the recipe to make it more acceptable, it also has an iphone and android app to use so you can still keep track whilst out and about.

I found it by chance while looking for a calorie guide and I'm so glad that I did, I reckon that I'm saving almost £16 per month by using Nutracheck instead of going to WW or SW, the downside is that I've had to get rid of about 3/4 of my wardrobe as my clothes keep getting too big, but I'm looking and feeling better and am really happy :dance:

Thank you very much I have started myfitnesspal application and I'm loving it.... suits my slightly OCD know the facts obsession :lol:

Thanks for this info, I have downloaded the app and am loving it :D

Thanks for this info, I have downloaded the app and am loving it :D

My pleasure :D

I've just started the 5 day free trial of this now, thanks! After finding out my dad's wedding is potentially in January I've decided it's definitely time to kick start my healthy eating and get to my goal weight in time for it! It already looks promising, I'll let you know if I decide to pay for the membership after the 5 days! :)

I still love Nutracheck, I've lost over 25 inches since I started, have dropped 3 dress sizes and gone down 2 back sizes on bras :D

I've only lost 5lbs since July but considering how often I eat lunch out with friends I'm still doing well :dance: They've got an offer on until Tuesday you can join for 6 months for £23.99, I'm already paid up for another year but will take up the offer as once I've got my goal weight I'll stick with NC to maintain it.

It depends on how much weight you have to lose quickcluck and the rate at which you'd like to lose it :? I started off aiming to lose 1.5lb a week and it gave me 1588 calories a day, which I thought was a lot but I did lose weight on it :shock:

I've changed my settings to lose 1lb a week now & it gives me 1637 calories a day. I'd rather lose weight at a slower rate and be able to eat more, I did change my settings to try and lose more once but on the lower amount of calories I struggled and stayed the same weight for ages. On the settings I've always had my activity levels set to light and inactive.

I've not lost weight at a rapid rate but I'm chuffed to have found something that works, I developed an underactive thyroid after having my son 18 years ago and this is the first time I've managed to lose more than 10lbs :dance:

I hope that you enjoy it, weighing stuff is a real eye opener :shock: I never eat anything until I've put it in the diary as I have a mind like a sieve :oops: My hubby says it's fab because I've lost weight eating the food I've always eaten.

I have a bit of a sweet tooth so current favourite treats are Aero biscuits at 99 cals each & M&S chocolate teacakes at 75 cals each, a nice low calorie dessert is a meringue nest with lots of fresh fruit and a blob of low fat creme fraiche!

There's lots of help and advice on the forum and feel free to pm me if you have any questions :D