emmastar Posted August 18, 2012 Share Posted August 18, 2012 Hello i have a male who is 12 weeks old now and im a bit confused as to what he is i got him as a white wyandote but his upright stance and how agresive he is towards my other males is making me think diferentley . This is him 2 weeks ago Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
zakjon-98 Posted August 18, 2012 Share Posted August 18, 2012 I'm not sure on what specific breed it is but it looks like a game breed. The shape of the bird is wrong for a wyandotte so I would contact the breeder Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
RyanR Posted August 18, 2012 Share Posted August 18, 2012 I think some Old English Game in there, would also explain its aggressiveness to other cockerels. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
zakjon-98 Posted August 18, 2012 Share Posted August 18, 2012 It would be best if you could separate him from the other cockerels ideally as he will fight them and game cockerels are known to fight to death as it was what they were bred for. I have to admit he is nice looking though, could there be some shamo in there? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
daxigirl Posted August 19, 2012 Share Posted August 19, 2012 He looks a bit like the Japanese Shamo so would be a fighting type. I could be wrong though, but have a google. He may have a bald featherless stripe down his chest and tummy if you look. Doh just read the post above so ditto Zak. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
emmastar Posted August 21, 2012 Author Share Posted August 21, 2012 Ty all I was thinking some sort of game bird glad I didn't give him away now , he dose have a line down his chest of missing feathers starting to show and compared to my pekin boy the same age he is all musle and is a heavy boy . How loud can these boys get ? I have a pekin that is ok and my neBours will put up with and the little pekin boy has a home to go to but I'm not letting this one go now so he needs to get along with the girls and not annoy the street. , his sister is living with my sister and her children will she be ok ? She is friendly and lives with a silkie cross no problem . Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
daxigirl Posted August 21, 2012 Share Posted August 21, 2012 Sorry don't have any experience of game boys. Try making enquiries with a Shamo club (if there is such a thing) or poultry club of gb, for advice on how best to keep him. Don't know too many people who do keep them although they are popular at shows. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted August 22, 2012 Share Posted August 22, 2012 Looks very gamey to me too, definitely NOT a wyandotte, I'd ask them to swap it for you. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
zakjon-98 Posted August 22, 2012 Share Posted August 22, 2012 I read that they are not too loud with crowing but it often depends on the bird. They are very large tall birds when fully grown though so not really suitable for a small house or eglu classic. Hope you get to keep him Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
dance in the dark Posted August 23, 2012 Share Posted August 23, 2012 I agree. He looks like OEG to me. Although I detect a slight hint of shamo too. Maybe he's a cross? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...